Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It’s Nick vs. Kirby when Alabama and Georgia meet, a head coaching storyline for the ages

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageIt’s Nick vs. Kirby when Alabama and Georgia meet, a head coaching storyline for the ages

ATHENS — The Nick Saban-Kirby Smart dynamic presents a compelling — and unique — teacher-student story line at the highest level.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs need to go into this game looking to do a few things. Give the University of Georgia it's first victory in a SEC championship game against a Nick Saban Alabama team. Beat Alabama by 3 or more touchdowns so there will be no excuses for the loss. Prove to the world that UGA is the new dynasty. Leave no Doubt. But one out of the three is just fine with me. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Win, or lose.....I happen to know The Dawgs will win, when the final second ticks, Nick and Kirby will meet on the field, shake hands and compliment each other.....both men are pinnacles of sportsmanship, legends in their own right, irreplaceable assets to their universities and to the young men they coach and the very best college football offers! GOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to kill a lot of sportswriters around Atlanta and the country (especially in Ohio, and Pennsylvania, Michigan and Texas) to have to write how the Georgia Bulldogs are the greatest college football team of all time.

Time and Circumstance Meet to Create Greatness.

The right timing with the right coach met and greatness was realized. This has happened before in all of sports. Just in college football you had Don Heinrich, Buddy Bierman, Bud Wilkinson, Bear Bryant, Barry Switzer, Tom Osborne, and Nick Saban. I might of missed one of the greats but those 7 span over 150 years. A great one every 20 years or so.

Kirby Smart is the next great one.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs should win. But if the refs get involved (for all you conspiracy folks) Bama(Saban) will win the Natty and retire on top.

so if you start seeing calls reversing TD’s or critical 1st downs. Put on your tin foil hat and just see if the Dawgs can out-play the “BIG MONEY” And walk into the CFP as SEC Champs!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia 34 - Bama 27.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A win is a win in this contest. Kirby and Nick may be buddies in casual conversation but not on the field of play...no way. Nick is saying his best RB may not play and Kirby gives little indication whether Bowers, and/or McConkey... will play...though Bowers did play11 on 11 this week. Looks promising. Ladd...no idea. RaRa ...no idea. Others as well. Ever play a card game with less than a full deck? Tough. I am counting on Georgia's depth. I am still predicting a solid UGA victory.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nick Saban has won 16 straight games in Atlanta and never lost in Mercedes-Benz Stadium...Kirby is 0-3 against Saban in Mercedes-Benz.

Make no mistake, Saban wants this one BADLY. He is lobbying for a spot this year in the CFP if he beats the DAWGS. He is expecting to win. He lobbied last season for the final spot in the playoffs, and honestly, I think Bama deserved it the way they played in the final stretch. TCU Frogs turned into a real dud & disappointment, and you know there is no such thing as a dud-coached Saban team. He will have the Tide ready.

This will be Kirby's BIGGEST challenge game to date.

• Options
    ShadyGradyShadyGrady Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Something to keep in mind: Don't tell who is Alabama's QB, tell me who is their back-up QB. UGA's had to face the Bama back-up more than once recently. Of course, Milroe likes to take off, and UGA's going to be focused on getting him on the ground. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Milroe get dinged to the point he has to leave the game. I think Bama's in trouble anyway, but if Milroe's not in the game, they're in REAL trouble. Bama doesn't have a Heisman-candidate-in-waiting behind Milroe, and having one of their back-up QBs in the game would be a disaster for Bama. And they don't have the receivers to bail out a second-tier QB. Whatever the case, GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This Alabama team is overhyped. We should win easily. They should of lost 2 other games. They are overrated and we are going to expose them today. It is going to be a beatdown. Dawgs 51-27.