Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Column: Alabama delivers a most painful and avoidable end to historic Georgia streak

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So your saying that with All the players out and others Obviously less than 100% Bama who only won by 3 points would have Also beat a fully healthy Dawgs team ?? And that Terrible call by the Refs that Gave Bama 7 points two plays After the Dawgs Stopped them doesn’t matter ? To be as Naive as You obviously are and attempt to blame it All on our Coaches & Players is Equally Classless in my book. Your what I call a Fair Weather Dawgs fan. But the Real conclusions are Your Opinion doesn’t matter any more than My opinion does. Neither changes the outcome. And you keep making poor attempts to lump me in with OSU and Ryan Day. So more than apt your actually a Bama Troll as You have so much adoration for Saban & Bama. as I post on here regularly and funny thing never seen YOU before today.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

We had a great run. A historic run. Proud of our program. Get over this game. We eventually had to lose a game. Eventually we will have to beat Bama in this game and we will. Now we start another run.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Ok guy. I saw Herschel between the hedges. Our family had season tickets in the 80s. I suffered through the 90s as a student and saw most all of those horrible games. I saw us lose to Florida between the hedges. I graduated from UGA. What about you?

GFY with that fair weather fan bs

in life you play with the cards your dealt. “What ifs” are for the losers.

• Options

Best comment and advice I’ve seen so far today. Wish I could ten vote up your comment !!

• Options
    edited December 2023

Well while you were watching Herschel run. I was deployed and mourning the Loss to Death of Two of my Shipmates Both Only 21 years old. Stood watch over their body bags. My dear MaMa May she Rest In Peace sent me a newspaper clipping that I got almost 3 weeks After the fact that we won that Natty. My College was thousands of miles of liquid real estate where in I to came Extremely Close to losing My life twice serving my country. I didn’t attend UGA. But I believe I’m just as dedicated as many that did, Including You. So you to can stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. One of those Killed in the line of duty was my Best friend. He had just turned 21 two weeks before he was killed. I’m Very Proud of my service and don’t think I’m lacking as a person because I didn’t attend UGA or that my blue collar parents couldn’t afford season tickets to games.

• Options

I wasn’t the one calling you a fair weather fan.

I respect your service. I truly do. and I guarantee your commanding officers didn’t make excuses. Not with lives on the line.

and that’s my whole point. Making excuses doesn’t get us better. Find what you can control and improve there.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just a few thoughts from a Dawg in Mobile, feel free to add to this list, b y no means is it complete

It's been a great, historic run and it's been enjoyable, Kirby says let's start another one

Bobo didn't call his best game

We got beat on both lines of scrimmage, the team that wins this wins the game

We were beat up, bad

There were coaching mistakes

Our young linebackers were exposed

Don't blame the refs, bad calls happen

We "helped" Bama beat us with mistakes, but I have to give them credit as well

Hope Bama gets in and goes all the way again, pretty sure we're not getting in

If you let this loss take away from you maybe you need to look inward for all things we have to be thankful for

Hope everyone has a safe Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas, we're going to pick up a new lab rescue today and put up our Christmas Tree

• Options

No but You insulted Me first. Scroll down and look. And I was Senior Enlisted, I Know uhm just a tad about leading Men. Have You ever jumped into raging inferno fires to put them out ?? Not once but Many times ?? Have You ever been out on the open ocean Far, Far from Any land mass in a little 12’ boat facing waves like sky scrapers ?

Did You have wade through human urine and feces Just to take a shower while at UGA ? That was almost daily thing there. Turn the water on lather up, turn the water off while so doing as water is precious, then back on to rinse off. Oh and I helped Numerous young Commissioned Officers to get broke in to leadership in the Navy. Many of who went on to be Commanding Officers. Several Annapolis Grads. But You feel comfortable to lecture Me about leadership ?? And about accepting Reality ??

Your Life was heavily on the line while at UGA ?? Look YOU insulted me not Once but several times earlier. Then expect me to bend over and smile and take it ??

Let me ask You and All the other Dawgs fans here HOW pray tell do you Execute all these Wonderful plays Yall pull out Without Your Best Players ?? Bama had only One Key player put prior to the game. THINK on that. Did they Really Need help from the Refs to beat a banged up walking dead Dawgs team by a whopping 3 points ??

Considering All the Many Key players we had either out completely Or playing at Much Less than 100% the Dawgs actually did quite well. There were passes that a Healthy Bowers would have caught. There were passes that a Healthy McConkey would have caught. The young freshman LBs had NO on field leadership from a guy like Pop (JDJ). Smael Mondon playing at less than 100%. Those are NOT excuses. Those are Realities. The Dawgs Do Not Have Experienced players on the bench to call in that equate to Bowers and McConkey. They just Don’t.

Mims with his size Alone was a vital key to Milton running so effectively vs GT just last week. That’s not a Excuse that’s a reality. The Spartans though they fought Extremely Brave Lost to the Persians because they simply didn’t have Enough brave warriors to stop the Persians.

That’s a Reality. So to All the Recliner Coaches drawing up plays and saying We should’ve done this and We should’ve done that ?? Where were you gonna get the Experienced and Healthy players to DO that against Bama ?? Riddle me that Batmen !!

• Options

It’s Outstanding that You and Family are taking in that rescue doggie !! 😀 We lost our first one after having him almost 16 years. He had to be put down because of cancer. I to have cancer so hope I don’t have to be put down. Now we have a German Shepherd also a rescue. We’ve had him over 5 years now. I don’t particularly have anything against cats, but I’m a dawg man myself . The first pic is of Waldo that was almost 16 years old. The second is Bowzer our German Shepherd he’s almost 7.Talk about going to extremes we jumped from little to BIG !! Merry Christmas to You and family !!

• Options

@99nout I apologize sincerely for My part in the insulting. I have cancer and Allot of other health issues, plus at the moment I’ve got Allot of bad inter family stuff going on. What with current events in my own life and in the country I love, the PTSD that I’ve been dealing with a long time seems to be devouring me.

I can’t hunt or fish any more. I don’t have the energy to work on hobbies anymore. Dawgs football is my only Real interests as DawgNation is my Only social media. NOT asking for yours or Anyone else’s sympathy. I just let all that get next to me and offering the reason Why I was rude to you. I Also sincerely and whole heartedly offer my apologies to you.

So to You and ALL My fellow Dawgs fans here, from my heart I wish You and your families a Very Merry Christmas. Our beloved Dawgs Will be back, Bank on it !! Merry Christmas !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

@navydawg

i think we’re all a bit emotional today.

we all want the same thing on this board

I hope things turnaround for you

and I also offer my apologies

• Options

To ALL my fellow Dawgs fans here. May God Bless & Protect You and your families. I Sincerely apologize for my diving into the dark side. I confess I’m struggling with PTSD issues, and I feel I’m losing. Not asking for Sympathy but would deeply appreciate understanding.

I take Dawgs football way to personally. It’s about the last thing I have to enjoy. But I Know on a very personal level what it’s like to give your heart and soul to something and come up just short. Then have people on the outside looking in that weren’t involved start telling you Why you failed.

I guess it’s a rather cruel reality. I think we are very probably as a country on the brink of some Very harsh and cruel realities. But that’s a story for another day and time. In the NOW I wish you ALL a Very Merry Christmas. And I Believe with all my heart that Kirby and the Dawgs will be back strong and with a vengeance !! Merry Christmas !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gary Danielson was spot on again. Gonna miss his insight in the future. Thing about Gary he's right most of the time.

• Options

Thank You. I appreciate that. Kirby is a great HC as well as a great recruiter. I’m Believing better days are ahead for our Dawgs. And for the record your right, making excuses doesn’t fix anything. Merry Christmas to You and family. Hey a 12 game win streak regular season is nothing to sneeze at !! And like you said we’ve sure seen Worse times. Better days are ahead !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Just my humble opinion and that’s All it is. I think that Bama that beat a very banged up Dawgs by only 3 points will lose vs Michigan or WA. Also a repeat loss if they get a repeat with TX.

In my humble opinion Bama is really not that good. They were very fortunate to play a beat up and depleted Dawgs team. And only managed a 3 point win. I just don’t think they can deal with those teams I referenced.

Just look back at Bama’s paper thin wind in recent games. Then just One example look at how WA destroyed a Very good OR team. TX decimated OK St. Michigan whipped Iowa handily.

Now Bama would beat FSU and probably pretty handily. But those other teams spell a Bama loss. And Saban’s being a “Legend” dims considerably in the National arena as Many people on a National basis despise Saban and Bama and want them to lose. Any clout he Might have with officiating would be greatly diminished. Just my take. I don’t Know any thing for sure. 😀

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

This lose is on the coaching staff, once again Saban owns KS. Bobo called a great opening drive then went into his shell. It was obvious our three man defensive line was getting out numbered on every play. All game long we played with three linemen with the linebackers and DBs anywhere from five to fifteen yards off the line of scrimmage. Everyone watching the game knew Milroe would keep the ball in his hands on that last drive, but our coaching staff did not make any adjustments. I know it has been a great run just hate to see it end like this, with Nick Saban schooling Kirby one more time.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

@navydawg

@MikeGriffithI can tell your really enjoying this. Yeah you’ll say “I’m just reporting the facts”. But I can almost see the gleam in your eyes Mike. But that’s OK YOUR Vols didn’t even get to sniff of an SECE Champion less alone a Natty. I take at least some solace that your orange people are Still going nowhere year after year. Now back to your salt rubbing. 🙄 - Navydawg

This is a ridiculous statement to make Navydawg - MG has covered MANY teams. Why do you think he likes Tenn so much? If you look back at his reporting on games featuring Tenn and Georgia, I think you will find that he has been more than fair, reporting the facts. AGAIN, for those that are slow to learn, MG is a BEAT REPORTER. B-E-A-T R-E-P-O-R-T-E-R. He is not a homer like BA. Stop thinking that he is and you will be less frustrated and appear less ignorant in your comments.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Then prove it by not complaining about ESPN, Refs! and fans that tell the truth about what they saw. tOHS and Bama fans do that. Let's NOT be them! Let's admit that our team was whipped and move on. Georgia will be back.

• Options

Calling me ignorant doesn’t endear me or make me want to embrace your comments. Your entitled to your opinions as I am mine. And you along with budknox and some others have been Overly Critical of the Dawgs All Season. But you claim to be only telling the truth.

My eyes ain’t as good as they used to be but I watched the game to. And the refs essentially Gave them 7 points on a NO CATCH where our Dawgs had them stopped on fourth down. And who is MG a beat writer for ?? That’s right DAWG NATION D A W G N A T I O N see I can use all caps to.

It is my understanding that MG is a graduate of UTenn. though I will confess I could be wrong on that. And take a look at How he words his titles to his “articles” to Dawgs fans who are Already hurting. MG seems by the slants he puts on the “facts” to take great joy in anything Bad that happens to the Dawgs. But I’ll yield on the issue of MG and say that might be just a negative perception on my part, though many share that perception.

Oh and back to the Refs thing. Do you remember the Phantom offsides call a few years back in Saban’s favor ?? Well that Official After He Retired said he’d have called it differently. How convenient for him, After he retired.

Just because I’m not as Naive as you are doesn’t make me ignorant. People are not always fair and unbiased and that Certainly applies to sports to. Look no further than MI sign stealing !! So if You think Refs can’t be influenced that’s OK stumble through your naive little world. But as for me I Saw the No review on a NO CATCH then they Did do a review on a Much More obvious catch by Arian Smith in the second half. Why ?? To give the Bama Defense an opportunity to catch their breath and regroup as Beck had just stung their eyes out with that pass which Again was a much more Obvious Catch with no need for a review. So if I’m ignorant I have Company with You as you are just as ignorant in your naivety. Have a nice week. 😀 Oh and Before you respond with some sort of sarcastic response. I was minding my own business, YOU were the one that Chose to just out of the blue attack me in two separate comments. Trying hard to demean my character publicly. Well Your version of the “ truth” is not considered True by everyone here, maybe even most here, so there’s that.