Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football misses College Football Playoff, Alabama makes it

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football misses College Football Playoff, Alabama makes it

ATHENS — Georgia football will not be winning its third straight national championship this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Committee got it right. There was no reasonable way to fit the Dawgs into the Top 4. Sorry.

I wish we had lost to any other team out there other than Bama and Saban.

• Options
    AndrewHughesAndrewHughes Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

I want a congressional investigation into the finances of the refs for the sec championship game. 😤

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just my humble opinion and that’s All it is. I think that Bama that beat a very banged up Dawgs by only 3 points will lose vs Michigan or WA. Also a repeat loss if they get a repeat with TX. 

In my humble opinion Bama is really not that good. They were very fortunate to play a beat up and depleted Dawgs team. And only managed a 3 point win. I just don’t think they can deal with those teams I referenced. 

Just look back at Bama’s paper thin wind in recent games. Then just One example look at how WA destroyed a Very good OR team. TX decimated OK St. Michigan whipped Iowa handily.

Now Bama would beat FSU and probably pretty handily. But those other teams spell a Bama loss. And Saban’s being a “Legend” dims considerably in the National arena as Many people on a National basis despise Saban and Bama and want them to lose. Any clout he Might have with officiating would be greatly diminished. Just my take. I don’t Know any thing for sure. 😀

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like the SEC is still represented. Not too excited about the bowl games. So maybe UGA in the Peach Bowl vs Penn State? Wonder if Brock, Ladd, or Kendall will participate.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Come January 1st, I will be a Michigan fan for the day.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not the best four teams. Not sure how you drop 5 spots losing to a top 8 team. Seems to be a cakewalk for Bama.

As far as the Peach or Orange Bowl, no thank you. The only reason to play is to get the 2’s and 3’s practice time for next year. Would consider passing on it if there weren’t a financial penalty by the league.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve heard it will be the Orange Bowl against FSU. That is potentially a really good matchup. We can’t be sure how many players opt out for either side, that could be a factor in how competitive this game could be.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The 15 extra practices are incredibly valuable, and if I’m not mistaken the team is allowed to include the 2024 recruits in those practices. I expect CKS to take full advantage of this opportunity.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bottom line is Georgia picked the absolute worst time to play their worst game. If you told me Bama would score 27 I'd see UGA scoring 35-40 and we're good. Unfortunately, Bobo was Bobo. Our offense looked like a machine on the first TD drive -- Bama offered zero resistance. Then Bobo, in typical fashion went away from what was working. He took Beck out of his rhythm. IMO Bama was very beatable had we even played our B game. But we didn't. Georgia also needs more help in the secondary. #6 has been roasted numerous times this year. Spends most of his time two steps behind who he's supposed to be guarding and/or getting PI penalties. It is what it is. UGA had a nice run and it was fun while it lasted.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not a conference fan, I’m a Dawgs fan only. Saban lobbied Hard & Publicly BEFORE they played us to be in the playoffs. Stop and think on that a moment. I wish him and his team the Worse.

He like Spurrier before him helped to Sour CFB. Both were/are Very adept at whining and belly aching in public to get their way both On and Off the field.

I would not be within my moral conscience to pull for him and his team to Just support the conference. What I’m hoping for is for them to face TX again and Lose. I can’t support Harbaugh and his sign stealing crew either.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida State vs UGA would garner some viewership. Not Penn State. The committee has waited for UGA to lose and then bounce them out of the top five. From 1 to six in one game...unprecedented. The committee does not like Georgia. Bad year for the Dawgs...all that work for naught. Next year I hold little hope for a lossless season...probably at least three losses. UGA is heading down not up. Coaching. Hold over and new Injuries. Young players. Kirby has to rebuild. Hopefully Beck leaves and Bobo. Brown already gone. My benchmark is Bama...you have to beat them...they will face Georgia in September...early! Gonna tell ya...Bobo cannot beat Bama...neither can Beck. Need a OC with some creativity and ability to adapt.... mix it up like Monken did. As for QB...definitely need a scrambling Milroe type. Milroe much better coached than Beck. Wish they would coach up Brock V...he is a scrambler. I think Brock and Gunner will hit the portal. Why hang around UGA and not play. JT Daniels did it.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sucks for FSU. @RedPantsDawg and @busterchap. I think Nick Saban has too much pull in college football. The luckiest coach in the world. I'm a Michigan fan that day also.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

The CFP has zero credibility. To leapfrog Alabama from #8 to #4 based on one performance is a joke.