Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football misses College Football Playoff, Alabama makes it

2»

Comments

• Options
    ScreamerDawgScreamerDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I agree with your points. Bama is just a legend in their own mind.

Until Dawgs and others consistently dominate bama, their fan base and committee members will be biased. I'm looking forward to a good bama whipping on NYD !!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

Bama will absolutely boat race Michigan. So would Georgia, Old Miss and Missouri. The only competition to Bama will be Texas. And the only reason for that is that Texas has already begun building SEC caliber lines.

For those blaming the offense, it wasn’t the offense that allowed Bama to rush down the field at the end of both halfs. And what was with the kickoff at the end of the game? Kick it long and try to get the ball back with a short field. I did not care for the field goal attempt at 50 yards either. Punt and pin them back inside the 10.

The extra practices are nice, but no way will any draft eligible players suit up. Not sure any planned starters for next year should play either. It’s an exhibition game. Treat it as such. With either BVG or Stockton probably headed for the transfer portal, you may end up with Jackson Muschamp starting.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

While I get you are upset, hoping Beck leaves makes no sense. I don't think Bobo is going anywhere either. A 3 point loss and everything went Bama's way last night does not indicate a complete over haul of the program. The second quarter killed UGA. Mims getting hurt was another blow. We had people giving their all limping around the field and Bama barely won. When people win I don't say anything because they won on the field. Bama is not better than UGA. UGA played its worst game and the worst time with injured players. End of story.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Orange Bowl should be a great matchup. FSU has a legit very good defense. I feel sure their offense will play better than they have recently. Hopefully Bowers, McConkey, and Mims will be fully healed by then.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    edited December 2023

None of those players will be at the Orange Bowl. Neither will Beck, Van Pran, etc. Any player going to the draft or nursing any sort of injury will not be there. Plus we will lose players to the portal starting tomorrow. Same for FSU.

• Options
  • Options
    Bdawgs06Bdawgs06 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I agree. Should be a great game by whichever players decide to play and give there all to Georgia. That being said Dawgs by 14 at least. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No sarcasm I’m Really asking as I don’t know. Does margin of victory over common opponents not figure in anymore ?? Cause if it does Dawgs won their games vs common opponents by significantly better scores than Bama.

It doesn’t really matter The Committee made its decision to Drop the Dawgs from #1 to #6. And elevate Bama from #8 to #4. Before their decision The Committee had stated its Not about deserving its about being the Best. So if you look at Bama’s season vs UGA and in particular the margin of victory over common opponents there’s that.

Then Bama who had only ONE Key ( Not talking about all players at large Im talking Critical players) player out, vs UGA who had Multiple Key players out And some playing far less than 100%, and Bama musters a 3 point win. And their the Best team ?? 🙄

We won’t even bring up officiating help, oops did I just bring up officiating help ?? 😂

So our Dawgs by POLITICS might not be in the Play Offs but I Believe most Dawgs fans Know our team was/is Better. We are a Huge Family as Dawg Nation, let the world think what ever they want. Remember the “weak schedule “ narrative floated by the media ??

Well go all the way back to KY who was Ranked when our Dawgs played them, then go forward !! While your at it Compare the scores of Bama vs some of these same teams vs our Dawgs. But The Committee says Bama is better.

And can the ESPN bias be any clearer now ?? They are absolutely Rejoicing that the Dawgs are out and The Great Saban and his Tide are in !! They Love It !! Their Also just drooling about Sign Stealing MI being in !! If it some how ends up being TX vs Bama and the Longhorns win, I might hurt myself from laughing !! It would be Sweet Poetic Justice to me.

Some fellow fans will get angry with me and say Oh Oh but your supposed to pull for the conference !! So if it was the UF Mud Lizards I’d be wrong not to pull for them ?? No Thank You !! I saw Spurrier’s gloating obnoxious face To Many times. And his gloating obnoxious face has been replaced with the Equally repugnant Arrogant gloating face of Saban. I swear it seems to pain that man to smile !! I guess because no matter how much $$$ he has or how many titles he has he’ll never stand head & shoulders over anyone !! 😂

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

You are right! I am sorry you got so many down votes just because you told the truth - some people on this site...well, just let me leave it there. Georgia was not ready! Let me say it again, Georgia was not ready for Bama. I am a huge Dawg fan, I live in Alabama and have to deal with bama fans year round. I hate we lost. BUT, Georgia was unprepared, had a lot of injuries and got whipped much worse than the final score indicates, and if people don't like hearing the truth and want to wrap themselves with this stuff about ESPN, the refs etc, I am sure Kirby is appreciative because that takes the responsibility off of him and his staff. They were coaching behind the whole game! They did not have these players ready and the players did not execute plays well..you know the whole, blocking and tackling thing?? Bowers and McConkey should not have been in this game. They were just taking up space. They were injured! Put someone in that can play? How hard is that to understand?? If your whole argument is that ESPN had it out for the dawgs or the Refs worked for Bama, then you miss the larger point that the dawgs played so poorly that any of that even mattered! Win against Bama on the field and none of that matters!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

FSU got jobbed. Bama and Saban still hold sway over CP committee. A real stretch to move #8 to #4 ahead of undefeated conference champion.

• Options
    WestAshleyDawgWestAshleyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2023

For better or worse, everything changes starting next season. Unless the Dawgs have a terrible year, they'll make the playoffs every time.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Right - I watched that game and Alabama absolutely deserved to win, they dominated both lines. If that game is played 10 times, Alabama probably wins 7. They took away the run game and we couldn't overcome it. We weren't able to stop anything they did for the most part.

Injuries are a part of the game, and anyone whining about Bowers or Mims needs to be first in line to give back the 2021 trophy because we aren't winning that trophy if Alabama had a healthy Metchie and Williams. Stop complaining about "if we were healthy". Alabama lost players before and during the game as well.