Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Don’t cry because Dawgs’ streak is over, smile because it happened

SystemSystem Posts: 10,537 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageDon’t cry because Dawgs’ streak is over, smile because it happened

The loss to Bama was disappointing, given a few key plays/calls changed the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Still, it really hurts losing to Alabama again, on one of the biggest stages in college football. But there's more to life than cheering for your team during a sporting event. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I had a dollar for every time the sportscasters said BAMA was undefeated in the Ga Dome, I'd be booking a vacation right now.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill King is the classiest UGA Dawgs journalist in history. I love every article he has ever written, and each one is well thought out and well written. He is right. We have enjoyed a wonderful three years of multiple national championships and historic records. Every streak must come to an end. Unfortunately, we ended this one with our own mistakes and Bobo's relapse to the Markt Wrecked years.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best way to stop them from saying that is to beat Alabama. Until we do, it is an inconvenient fact.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama played a better game than we did yesterday and won. The two teams were closely matched. Was proud of the way the Dawgs hung in there and played their hearts out. What a great winning streak it has been. Wished it could have lasted a little longer. Was disappointed in the offensive play selection especially in the second half. It reminded me of Bobo in his earlier days under Richt. Won't win championships against a stout defence as we found out. Anyway, the Georgia program is in great hands and should be able to be contenders in the near future with the talent and coaching that we have. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heard that the CBS analyst/commentator for the SEC games will be doing the same for the main SEC games on ESPN next year. Oh well, I guess that means that the SEC on ESPN will now be the Alabama Football Network just like CBS has been for years. Turn off the sound and just watch the game.🙄

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article as always Bill. Im all DAWG, win or lose. Hated to see it end against Bama though, but, all good things must eventually come to an end. Very proud of this team, as I always am. I ( and many more) just wish we could've saw them play 2 more games..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice synopsis Bill. You hit on all the key points of why we lost. I don't know why Bobo changed up the offensive playcalling after the first successful series. Or did he just adjust the offense to the adjustments on defense that Bama made? It didn't appear that Beck was as sharp as usual nor did I see much separation with our receivers.

Maybe we just need to move the SEC Championship game to....like...anywhere but Mercedes Benz!?

Yes, losing to Bama...of all the teams...hurt more than it would have against anyone else. You simply can never count out a Saban coached Bama team.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Bill writes the best articles on this site, or, for that matter, any site that covers our Dawgs. He has a command of the English language rarely seen these days among journalists.

In defense of the regular beat writers ‘round here, however, Bill does have the luxury of time. He is allowed adequate time to put together excellent pieces—time of which he takes full advantage.

Great job as always, Bill!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I still haven't gotten over it. Bond dropped the ball. And Tyler Simmons was NOT offsides.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs didn't lose and Bama didn't win. The officials won. The SEC officiating crews cheat to the benefit of Saban and Bama every game.