Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 more Georgia football players enter transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
image3 more Georgia football players enter transfer portal

ATHENS — It has been a busy day with regard to movement on the transfer portal front for Georgia. And after quarterback Brock Vandagriff and defensive lineman Jonathan Jefferson entered the transfer portal earlier on Monday, three more players made it known they would be spending their careers elsewhere.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So does Blaske not think he would start next year or is he just POed at somebody? Or is it the NIL?

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

I look at the UGA offensive and defensive line and I see a C plus group. Alabama is consistently getting 320 lb. guys that are 4- 5 stars. We are consistently getting 280 lb 3 to 4 stars. This was a Mark Richt problem that Bobo learned - that you don't have to have the best players on the line. I've brought it up before. Alabama whipped them Saturday on both lines. Bobo isn't great, but that isn't our problem - go look at the kids that are being recruited. This years kids are bigger, but not highly rated. The fall off from Sam Pittman years seems noticeable. . It was Saturday.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Sorry to see Brock leave but I understand....felt like he was not used, when he could have contributed, especially early on as an alternative in the red zone or start him to give opponents headaches then pull him for Carson........I'm think the deal was done to keep Carson one more year....otherwise we start off with an untested, inexperienced Gunner or ALL WORLD HS SUPER STAR!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm thinking Matt Luke had a draw here. He was the main recruiter for Blaske. If I remember correctly. So wouldn't be a total shock if we play against him 1st game next year.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

The biggest flaw I saw this year was on defense. Where are the edge rushers on this defense? 7 and 32 just did not do it this year. We could not shed blocks at the line of scrimmage at the edge and that meant the backers could not roam freely to the ball. This aspect of the defense needs to be fixed. Running against UGA up the middle was ok not great but the bulk of the yards came outside. The 30 yard run by Milroe to seal the game would not have happen in the last 2 years. I look at the teams in the playoffs and none are better than UGA, but to the winners go the spoils.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm thinking Brock could beat out Cade Klubnik for the start at Clemson???

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

And yet Bama only won by 3 and got out gained by UGA. We beat ourselves and we lost the turnover battle. Milroe is not a good qb, but he is good enough for what he can do. Ladd and Brock were basically hobbling around and got no separation and Ra Ra Thomas did not even play so the starting receivers were compromised from the start. We did not play a clean game and we were not at our best. I hate that it had to end that way.

• Options

What's strange is the edge guys were suppose to be a strength, but I don't think they can do their thing when the middle of the line is in question. If you can't occupy or defeat a double team like Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter, it puts pressure on everyone else. It's hard to get pressure with a four man front and two linebackers.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, this was an issue when Kirby first got to Athens, but it's really helped us get the LBs.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In this new day and age of cfb this transfer portal is like Christmas shopping.

I understand these guys moving on. I wish them good luck wherever they land

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    stacey20stacey20 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Georgia needs to lock down the top players from the Atlanta metro area. That's the only way Georgia is going to compete on a higher level. Look at their roster. All of the out of State kids. But the elite Atlanta talent is at Alabama. Clemson. Ohio state. FLORIDA state and Tennessee. Kirby got to focus on these Atlanta kids early. You got to play to top players on your team regardless of their experience. That's what got Dabo in trouble . Look at Alabama. They are playing those Freshman over the junior and seniors. Atl metro players too

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

my age may show. Cause regardless of “pay”. This free agency is out of control. I stopped watching the NFL in part because of the same thing. AND THEY HAVE ACTUAL RULES for this stuff.

sure I’ll tune in next fall and yell GOOOO DAWGS. but for now it’s a little frustrating

but I am glad the kids can make some $$$$ legally.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know how big our guys are on the DL but there were times this season when I just felt like we were a little light in the britches as the old saying goes.However if you take away Milroe's runs they only ran for 87 yardsrushing. We played them better than we did GA TEch on the DL.

If you had told me before the game that Milroe would only run for 29 yards, I'd have been deliriously happy and believe we would have won by 14. But Milroe actually hurt us with his passing moreso than his legs. 200 yards passing with 2 TD's.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

You have obviously not looked at UGA's 6 '24 OL recruits measurements. Avg H/W 6'7.5" 322 lb. Where UGA is gonna struggle recruiting now is that top guys want to be paid immediately. Pittman was recruiting at UGA BEFORE NIL. If you want the top OL players you have to step up and pay $1M /per top guy. What does that do to your team first attitude? Better to go with hungry guys and develop them. But CFB is a new world. 1000 players entered the TP on the 1st day. It is a cash grab free for all.

CKS could've paid up for DT BearA (a la Mims in '22) but chose not to disrupt the team. Bear would've helped this season.

@GtheGreek I don't see BVG beating out Klubnick. Klubnick was the higher rated HS prospect and has a full year starting experience in the system. I don't see Swinney trading what he knows, and taking a chance on losing Klub, for BVG. AU? Yes. OR? Yes. SC? Yes (heaven help him). ND? OK? SoCal? All possibilities.

AL's #1 blue chip ratio, when coached up this year, was the difference. Masterful coaching. Saban knew CKS was going to try and contain Milroe and make him beat UGA passing. So Milroe sat back against very little rush and waited for AL's better WR's to beat UGA's less good CB's. AL laughed at the UGA spy. A guy sitting in the middle of the D basically doing nothing on pass plays. When UGA abandoned that scheme in the 2nd hald (with additional pressure) UGA came back. It does make you wonder how '22 AL had 17 penalties vs TN (at TN) and '23 AL has 1(?) penalty vs UGA in the SECCG.

I mentioned after '23 week 1 that DB's were excessively grabby yet the ref's weren't calling it. Saw that repeated throughout the season. SEC ref's swallowed their whistles for the SECCG.

Someone said "Milroe is not a good QB". He made the plays and looked more poised than CBeck while doing it.

Too many people looked at HS rankings and expected guys to be contributors as freshman. You get 1 maybe 2 freshman a year that contribute heavily to a top team.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not having Mimms after the 2nd or 3rd series killed us. Our Oline has been great the past 2 yrs. You may want to rewatch some film. Has there been a few rough moments yes (mostly duebto injuries) but we are one of the top 3 units every year!

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Compete at a higher level??? We just won 2 National Titles, 29 straight games and lost by 3 pts on an off day with 3 starters out and 3 other well leas than 100% I get being upset the Dawgs lost but let’s not twist this into some sort of bad yr.

• Options

Woodstock Dawg, a good point to make. Lots of great comments. Yes, lots of hurt players, but we seem to have a lot of that and Bama doesn't. Interesting point about Bama playing freshman. Hope they can get next years offensive line ready during bowl practices.