Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football leads the way with most All-SEC Coaches selections

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football leads the way with most All-SEC Coaches selections

ATHENS — Georgia did not win the SEC this year, as it came up just short against Alabama in the SEC championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

How the heck is Brett Thorson not on the first or second team Punter? Unless there's a total collapse in the bowl game, he has had zero, zero returns against him this year... SMH...

• Options
    softballcoachsoftballcoach Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

What are the asterisks for? I must have missed something.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Hell...what about McConkey? That's all they could talk about, when he was injured. How UGA was a lesser team without him on the field as a receiver, blocker and runner. Basically...an athlete.

He played hurt...and, was still left off the list. If you asked any coach which WR's they would rather have on their team....guarantee ya McConkey would be at the top of the list. The kid can play some football.

Statistics...smh...I wish they had em up their ass. They mean nothing...except to give people that don't know much about the game...something to talk about. A way to quantify everything to make sense to the masses. They haven't figured out a way to do that with blocking and tackling efficiency...and defense. Hence the snub on Lassiter [etal].

That's okay...next year, half the defense will own the "superlatives list". They have some absolute beasts coming back...and, coming "in".

They need to find another Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter...or, Wyatt...but, it just goes to show you how rare players like that are. Did either one of them make "a list" before the '21 season?

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Good to see Beck get some recognition. He’s probably the first Georgia QB to be on a post season list since Murray?

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

No Javon Bullard? No Brett Thorson??? what is this garbage?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Bullard was on there...or, I would've included him as a big-time "miss"....right along with Lassiter and McConkey.

But...that's the price of losing the SECCG. I hate it for em. Those boys played their heart out, and some. They deserved better...but , injuries happen. Crooked officials at that level, however, should NOT.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m so ticked off, and I’m much too old to let college football dictate my feelings! But when you come this close, crap, something just ain’t right with this picture! Screw it, I’m headed to the transfer portal!

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore