Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 2024 schedule, dates, opponents revealed

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 2024 schedule, dates, opponents revealed

ATHENS — Go ahead and make your travel plans and set your wedding dates. According to a report from Chip Towers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 2024 Georgia football schedule has been revealed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like a challenging schedule, but I think going forward most SEC teams will have harder schedules in general. Glad to see the (2) open dates, but what about adding a 9th SEC game discussion...what's the latest on that?

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Which is the Homecoming Game?

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now that is a good schedule for us fans!!!!

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, strength of schedule won’t be an issue! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still don't understand why we have to play Bama at their house when they owe us a home game. Auburn got us two straight years at their house not long ago as well. Dawgs lose out on hosting a great recruiting environment having to play Bama on the road. Unfair if you ask me.

Just win, baby!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we don't kill each other, the SEC will be in a SOS class of its own. We should dominate the CFP.

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior
    • Tennessee Tech -- Sept. 7 -- Athens, Ga.,
    • Auburn -- Oct. 5 -- Athens, Ga.,
    • Mississippi State -- Oct. 12 -- Athens, Ga.,
    • Tennessee -- Nov. 16 -- Athens, Ga.,
    • UMass -- Nov. 23 -- Athens, Ga.,
    • Georgia Tech -- Nov. 30 -- Athens, Ga.,

Still a pretty crappy home schedule, IMHO. How great would it be to play Clemson and/or Florida at home? Pretty much all SEC teams get 7 home games. We get six - 2 to 3 of which are pretty lame.

Wish we would quit scheduling games at neutral sites. Greater Athens/Clarke County should get the economic benefit given the benefits/support services provided (some for free) by Athens Clarke County government.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does that team that can’t beat us without help from the refs have the same weekend off before we play them?

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t wait for that rematch in Tuscaloosa.

I can promise you Kirby and company already are prepping for that one.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the addition of Texas and Oklahoma the SEC will be the gauntlet from hell. No other conference comes close.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Yup. The first thing I did when I saw this was go and pull up their schedule. Thought we might've finally caught a break. We did not.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lot of 2 loss teams inthe playoffs next season, I predict.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am thinking as I read this UGA rather challenging schedule...wow..talk about inviting injuries, which UGA is known for. Just being candid. This bothers me. I know it's football...but. Bama game will be another war. Several revenge games. I guess we better take one game at a time. I can say, this is a really tough schedule..and it is...UGA foes are aplenty this next season,but then just consider what the teams that are playing UGA are thinking...huh?

Oh yes, there will be many two loss teams in the playoffs.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Texas game same weekend as the F1 Texas race. Gonna make it tough for Dawg fans to find any room at the inn.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited March 19

I don’t understand this transfer portal BS, and why it was even thought up by some conservative know nothing! These boys signed a legal document with their chosen team, and they should be held to it! What a load of crap!