Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 5-star prospect Xavian Sorey enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer 5-star prospect Xavian Sorey enters transfer portal

Another Georgia Bulldog has entered the transfer portal, as inside linebacker Xavian Sorey becomes the most recent Bulldog to do so.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Losing to Alabama has set back UGA's program significantly. Significantly. Long term.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure that's true. But if Bama wins again next year it will put the changing of the SEC guard narrative to bed for a while.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...I've seen @Beachwagon make those little "one liners" on other sites.

I think he's just a kid that doesn't know any better. You know how these little "Snow Flakes" think, these days. They don't [think]...and, most of em are scared to death of "Work". They're "entitled" to better...dontcha know?. 🤣

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorey.....“I have had the opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches, played with the best players and been supported by the best fan base in college football. And though I will forever cherish the magic Between the Hedges, I have decided to enter the transfer portal.”

If what he says is true, there are no more college teams he could possibly consider....! These kids make no sense at times but that is how it is in the football world.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

My comment is not Directed at anyone in particular but it’s the ole if the shoe fits thing:

Big LOL 😂 !!! The sky is falling !! The sky is falling !! UGA Dawgs are a sinking ship !! WRONG !! OK some guys that were pretty good coming out of HS are leaving because they want More playing time else where.

Well WAIT till we start hearing how Kirby reaps from the Other side of the portal door !! It Does work Both ways you know !! And that’s not even talking about all the HS recruits Kirby will reel in.

Does make the Orange Bowl a little more interesting. Be assured the Dawgs will be right back in the thick of things in the hunt for greatness in 2024 !!

No their not gonna win Every game, Every year. NO team has. But the Dawgs ARE an Elite program now and will be right there At or Near the top for years to come as long as Kirby is HC. Go Dawgs !!

P.S. And as we’ve seen in the past Some of these guys might turn right around and come back. It’s happened before.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your so right. With the drastic change in the CFB landscape in the last few years it’s gonna get harder and harder to keep Juniors less alone Seniors on board !! It is what it is.

But I sure don’t like this “new” brand of CFB. I don’t watch or care much about the NFL except hoping our Dawgs do well in the draft. But CFB is becoming an Amateur Clone of the NFL !! And it’s doing so rapidly !!

One other thing a bit off topic but not to much.But Kirby might be forced into doing something I have a strong feeling he despises. And that is more vocal in politicking !! Saban was out lobbying Hard for his team to be in the Playoffs BEFORE they even played the Dawgs !!

He also ( like Spurrier) has Zero problem about complaining about officiating, Publicly which is Supposed to be against SEC rules and maybe NCAA rules as well, yet he does it anyway !!

The Playoff Committee showed me Clearly that’s it’s Not about what you accomplish it’s about WHO you are, the Media’s perception of Who you are, and the $$$.

So if Kirby and the Dawgs are gonna have acknowledgement at the highest levels he will have to 1) Continue Winning on the Field and Recruiting ( Which USED to be enough on Just those merits).2) Become more vocal in CFB politics. It’s So Sad that it’s that way now but it is.

Winning on the field and garnering top Recruiting classes are no longer enough. You have to have the Glitz and Glamour of lobbying and politicking to go along with those. Doesn’t mean I like or agree with the Now necessity of doing that. But it is what it is. Fans can Thank selfish people like Saban and Spurrier for helping foster that type thinking. 🙄😡

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Navydawg says CFB is becoming an Amateur Clone of the NFL. The problem is in the NFL they actually have established rules regarding the draft, contracts and free agency. College football is running wreckless and like the wild west with the governing bodies clueless and only concerned about TV revenue. NIL and the transfer portal are out of control. Where is the concern for student athletes. How are College coaches to manage their roster. Are all colleges supposed to be like Coach Prime and push out 41 scholarship athletes in 1 year just to try to improve their status. I love watching UGA football and have since I stepped on campus in 1976 and watched the Dawgs beat Bama and Bear Bryant 21 - 0, but these times and current policies are destroying College football as we know it. No, the sky is not falling and I know Kirby will manage this landscape better than most, but it's disheartening to see what is going on.