Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers wins Mackey Award, becomes first two-time winner

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers wins Mackey Award, becomes first two-time winner

Brock Bowers added another impressive accolade to his haul on Friday night. The Georgia tight end took home the John Mackey Award, which goes to the nation’s top tight end.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

"While it is unknown if Bowers will play in Georgia’s bowl game against Florida State, the star Georgia tight end has clearly redefined what it means to play the tight end position.".........the thought that Brock and Ladd would not play has never crossed my mind.....the two player that have redefined "Dawg Commitment" opting out??????`I will be shocked if they don't both come back for their senior year! After all, as far as both players go....the NFL ain't goin no where.....but they only have one more year to experience The Dawg TEAM CULTURE!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Much deserved.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The best DGD I can remember, on a par with Jake Scott.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well deserved! DAWGS have had some great TE's over the years, but Brock is at the top of that list..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best player in college football. Second to none.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome player with an awesome attitude and effort. College football needs many more athletes like Brock Bowers. He deserves all the accolades he gets coming to him. He should be on the Mount Rushmore of Georgia football. Go Dawgs! Let’s get 3 out of 4 national championships!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to go Brock !! Thank You for all the Great memories. Selfish I guess on my part but sure wish you’d come back next year !! But if you go on to the NFL I wish you the Very best life has to offer on and off the field of play. No Doubt you will Forever be in the DGD Hall Of Fame !! Go Brock Bowers !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

The best offensive player UGA has had since Herschel.