Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media buzzing amid curiously timed Dylan Raiola Instagram post, rumors

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageSocial media buzzing amid curiously timed Dylan Raiola Instagram post, rumors

As of this writing, Dylan Raiola is still committed to Georgia. The 5-star prospect is still publicly with the Georgia Bulldogs, as he has been since May.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well maybe UGA can flip that 2026 QB from USC

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

We **** sure don't want a quarterback who is not all in. Railoa has been recruiting players for Georgia for six months. Now he is considering flipping? Sounds a little unbalanced to me.

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

One more thing. A freshman that thinks he can start in the SEC as a true freshman does not understand what is best for himself.

• Options
    SequoiaDawgSequoiaDawg Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2023
  • Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NIL and Family Ties in my opinion.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean. Wasn't it like two days ago he was still trying to recruit Bolden to Georgia? I guess you can never rule anything out these days, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

• Options
    JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

We will be fine either way. Hope he stays, though.

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Where's this flip crap coming from? You don't think people have been trying to get him all along?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I figured this might happen. Truly did. I like Puglisi anyway. Hope at least he stays with the Dawgs? Commitments don't mean much. These are teenagers Georgia is dealing with. Young Turks with high hopes and a gleam of better pastures ahead a lot of the time. It is up to Kirby and company to keep them aboard. Tough task. Raiola has ties to Nebraska, then why did he pick UGA and go all out reruiting?. How many of those commits will bolt? Nothing new, really. If he leaves, I wish him well. There has got to be some sort of prohibition to the commitment process. The word "Commit" has lost all veracity today. Means little to nothing. Either that or change to less binding terminology.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is not surprising. Several months ago I expressed concern about this young man. At that time, on this site, I asked DawgNation if Dylan’s transferring 4 times during his high school career and decommitting from OSU bothered anyone. It bothered me. Something ain’t right when you see such instability. Loyalty is important in life and not just in sports. A sports writer for OSU wrote an article a while back saying it looks like OSU dodged a bullet when Dylan backed off his commitment to OSU. Is his point valid? No way of knowing at this time but it’s beginning to look like the OSU guy may be onto something.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not the time to panic or get upset Yet. We all know how “Rumors” swirl with these kids. Let’s wait and see how it pans out. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kids not flipping! He wears a cross on his face and thanks God. His word is his bond! He just said a few days ago he was looking forward to starting school st UGA!

• Options
    ScDawg73ScDawg73 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Not sure how to feel about this, but is Beck possibly coming back feeding this rumor? Regardless, there is no kid straight out of high school ready to play QB in the SEC.... Not even Arch Manning.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Brooks Austin is saying he spoke with the Raiolas directly and they're denying it.

... haha he's also heavily intimating that they're just playing dumb. And there's gong to be a visit to Nebraska. Who the hell knows. Would **** to lose him, but we'll still have a talented QB room. And at least he wouldn't be going to a team we'll have to worry about any time soon. And hey, maybe he isn't leaving.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like Pulisi a lot. He has a very quick release and a rocket arm. He and Dylan have been to some of the same camps. Has Puglisi been better? Maybe, maybe not. But is that a possible reason for Dylan to think about going elsewhere? One would hope not, but if so his moving on is probably best. We want players willing to battle for the right to play at UGA. In any event, there is apparently something going on for 247 to project Dylan to Nebraska, where making it to a bowl game has been the goal for the last 10 tears or so.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

The kid thanked his school and the community for embracing him as they did after their season came to a close. I think someone is trying to generate some buzz for their blog or something. Nothing to see here.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll keep it pithy - I'm not worried; come what may. Kirby holds the reigns: all will be OK.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As an aside, the kid who committed to Alabama shortly ranked higher than Raiola.

And now I read that Alabama has got the #1 receiver for the 2024 class from Alabama.

Why does the media hate Georgia? I've seen it since the 80s when I was a teenager.

Really...what is it that they hate about UGA???