Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Michigan star trolls Georgia, says Wolverines have ‘nothing to worry about’ against Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Michigan star trolls Georgia, says Wolverines have ‘nothing to worry about’ against Alabama

ATHENS — Former Michigan star and first-round NFL Draft pick Taylor Lewan says Wolverines fans have “got nothing to worry about” in the Rose Bowl.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Blahblahblah. He knows Michigan escaped…

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They “overlooked” TCU preparing for us? TCU, who we beat by 5,000 points? Yeah. The logic holds…

Got no use for that dude.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Ha. Yeah. Funny how his transitive logic only works in one direction.

This is some obnoxious nonsense. Even still, I'm rooting pretty hard for Michigan in this game. Bama has absolutely no business being in this playoff over both Georgia and Florida State. It would be so gratifying to see the team that benefited from such blatant favoritism get bounced in the first round. Also, I would love to see the corrupt selection process ultimately (albeit indirectly) produce a corrupt champion. It would be the closest we're ever going to get to seeing accountability. Football gods, where you at?!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty sure they weren't worried about UGA two years ago, too.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Using his very poor logic of how they mauled OSU and we barely beat them, one would have to conclude that given the DAWGs mauled (truly and not by the low points that Michigan beat OSU), and that TCU beat MIchigan, then the DAWGs would’ve absolutely Kirby stomped Michigan in 2022. Making 3rd quarter adjustments against Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana, etc. is far different than making adjustments against the DAWGs or Bama for that matter. Spoken from an individual that contributed more to the sad state of the Titan’s O line because they vastly overpaid for a second rate left tackle for far too long. He never accomplished anything to contribute to winning anything as a player and it seems his analytical skills are equally flawed.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

“We beat the sh1t out of Ohio State and you guys almost lost to Ohio State.”

Yeah, but the thing is, we actually DID beat both of those teams and your team did not. That is the difference in why we won two consecutive National Championships, one of which included beating that same sh1t out of your sad excuse for a football team, and your team whiffed two consecutive years. The most important game, always, is the next game. If you got caught looking ahead, that is bad coaching and bad player awareness so 5uck it.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

Must be a slow news day.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He obviously hasn't looked at a couple of Michigan games like he did BAMA's. What about a 7 point win against Maryland whom PennSt beat the pants off of them? If Penn St had a QB who could throw, they beat Michigan. Penn St's best win was against a 7-5 MAryland. But they gave Micjhigan all they wanted on defense.

Bama wins by 21.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After reviewing everything over the last couple of weeks...and, trying to set emotions aside, Lol...I think he could very well be....RIGHT!

Alabama and Texas could have a "TCU Blowout", type showing.

They are good teams...both, with glaring weaknesses that a Great team can exploit and capitalize on. Michigan and Washington are capable of Blowing their respective Bowl opponents off the field, if they [Texas &Bama] prove to be less than advertised. And, I think they ARE [posers].

Texas and Bama will get exposed in the playoff and UGA and FSU will have a lot of people asking a lot of "The right questions" about the CFP Committee.

IMO...the Committee''s "marching orders were...to put Michigan in the best possible scenario...as this will be their last year of contention for quite a while. They did it for Bowden back in the '90's. I remember ESPN Talking Heads influencing that Poll, too.

The Media [ESPN, etal.]...was saying, stuff like..."Bowden is due"..."FSU is the best team not to have a Natty"..."Bowden deserves a Championship"..."Blah...blah...blah". It's kind of ironic their doing the same thing for Michigan and Harbaugh...at the expense of FSU. Lmao...it's all a "Pageant"...not, a true "National Championship".

I stopped watching pageants when I was a kid...cause they're rigged. So is the so called Polling Era Championship. Reminds me of Figure Skating Judges at the Olympics. Despite having a 4 team playoff...which is easily rigged...the teams are based on polling perception...not "play on the field".

Anybody that watched both UGA and Bama [like me] all year long in every game...will tell you UGA is without a doubt..."The better Team", despite a 3 point loss in the Conference Championship after the regular season.

If beating an obviously compromised UGA Team by 3 points after the season...made Bama "The better Team". Then wouldn't that have made Oklahoma St "The Better team" when they beat TCU last year...putting THEM in the playoff?.

And, they [Michigan] will probably be "stripped" of the Natty anyway...after all the smoke has dissipated and the fires of cheating are clearly visible, over "Spy-gate City"...[down the road from Motor City]...Lol.

Either, FSU or UGA will eventually be "named" National Champion or Co-National Champion...giving Kirby his "3rd Straight Natty".

That has as much validity as some of the Champions named in the '30's and '40's. Lol...they've been citing a [Champion] Minnesota Team, all year, that was "selected" as Champion by a Math Professor at University of Illinois...using a formula he created". Sound familiar?. Rigged!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can hope all we want, but there is a 0.0% chance that a team that was not invited to the playoff will be given any share of the title. No matter what happens with Michigan.

• Options

@MikeGriffith ....I have a question regarding the following statement from the CFP to Sen. Scott in response to his inquiry.....

[In a letter sent Friday, Hancock told Scott that the decision to rank Florida State No. 5 was based on two principal reasons: The protocol the committee uses requires it to take injuries into consideration, and it determined that quarterback Jordan Travis' season-ending injury "caused the committee to believe that there were indeed four teams that should rank higher than FSU."]_____CFP to Senator R. Scott

IF......The above statement is true...

AND....The CFP Committee is required to "take injuries into account"...

THEN...Why didn't they take UGA's many injuries into account...

AND...Project that they would be close to 100% by they time the 1st Playoff game started????.

Why wasn't UGA included in the 4-Team CFP based on "their written criteria"? Or, at the very least...put at #5, above FSU?

• Options
    edited December 2023

Let me remind you...the AP Poll or the Coaches Poll...one or the other [can't remember, Lol]....are not controlled by or beholding to the CFP.

It's been speculated since the playoff system was first implemented with BCS and Computer Polls....that this could happen, one day....

That...a Team could conceivably win the playoff...and a justly deserving Team could Top the poll not tied to a Playoff....which would create...Co-Champions.

This is the first time, I can remember that being an actual possibility, with 6 deserving Power 5 teams in a 4-team playoff.

So...yeah...it can happen.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again with the would've, could've, should've..talk is CHEAP, or should I say CHEAT? Climb back under your rock you southern Canada wolverine.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I know is the Dawgs couldn't beat Bama, and I'd certainly love to have another shot at them.

Actions speak louder than words...

Any National Championship won by any team just got a lot harder after this season. We had our chance, and we blew it.

• Options

Lmao...who are you talkin' to?....and, about what? Just curious...you don't see posts like that, everyday.

• Options

You ain't pickin' up, what I'm puttin' down. Lol...let me try again.

Bill Hancock...CFP Committee Chairman...SAID.... the RULES that "kept FSU "out" of the Playoff, were that "they had to take injuries consideration, in the final Result.".

We ALL know...and I've heard the paid Flapping Gums, echo this very thing...that UGA was only playing at about 80% in the SECCG due to INJURIES on both sides of the ball.

INJURIES that...unlike FSU's QB...would have HEALED between now and the 1st playoff game.

At 100%...UGA would've annihilated every team in the current playoff, with exception of Michigan (maybe). And, everybody knows it.

Bama barely beat em at 80%...and, they were operating at 100%...after barely pulling out a win against lowly Auburn.

My question...

Was the same RULE applied when dropping an INJURED UGA Team from #1 all the way down to #6....while jumping Bama and Texas all the way UP to #3 & #4???

That's the question. I am NOT trying to replay the Alabama Game...I'm trying to litigate the Committee's decision making processes...with the W/L records AS THEY ARE.

UGA Fans need to learn how to fight on the boards. It's all about the hype. The CFCC did what they did, to UGA...because they knew they could get away with it, without so much as a whisper from UGA Fans.

Nobody from Georgia is calling in to The Finebaum Show to raise hell about it...so, Fans from around the Country are doing it for them and wondering why UGA Fans aren't MORE VOCAL.

They weren't counting on what Florida threw at em...now Georgia's piling on. Lol

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

@BigDawg61...I knew that only (1) SEC team would make the playoffs. Most people realized that. We were injured and banged up, but so are a lot of teams at this point in the season. You can't offer injuries as an excuse. Next man up. Bama dominated the line of scrimmage. There is no doubt about that. We made mistakes. They beat us.

I'm not going to whine about not making the playoffs when we lose to our nemesis. We don't deserve the playoffs. Texas beat Bama, and Bama beat us.

We just needed to win the game. We didn't do it. End of story.

• Options
    edited December 2023

I'm just sayin'....the same CFPC RULE that kept FSU out...should've [there, I used it, Lol]...been used to drop UGA to #4 and no lower.

They would've been healthy in a month. And, UGA was more than just beat up a little bit, "like everybody else". They were missing the performance of some Key Players [Bowers, McConkey, JDJ, Mims, Mondon, etc.].

Those missing cogs, had a clear impact on UGA's performance and the outcome of a postseason game with Bama.

Those missing cogs, would've [there, I used another one]...been available in the Semi's.

Isn't "what they did to UGA" [Drop six spots]...exactly what that CFPC RULE was supposed to prevent?

BTW...

"I knew that only (1) SEC team would make the playoffs"____MD

How did you know that?

They..."ESPN's/FOX's Flappin' Gums told you so...every chance they got. That's what Florida's complaint is based on...I think. Hype determined the 4...not rule of criteria.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

The former Michigan player talking trash like a cheap $2 radio lol