Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Where things stand with the 2024 Georgia football roster entering early signing period

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhere things stand with the 2024 Georgia football roster entering early signing period

You’d be forgiven if you found it hard to keep up with the comings and goings of the Georgia roster since the loss to Alabama. There’s been quite a bit of turnover, with players entering the transfer portal, announcing new homes and making their bowl plans known.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

Conner, what about Joenel Aguero?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pops, Pops, Pops......you're almost across the creek that leads to the land of wealth and fame in the NFL......jumpin off The Dawg bridge to rock hop makes no sense for a DGD!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear Syracuse is getting Ohio St's QB. THe ex-UGA coach putting in some work!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He is expected to stay, nothing else indicates he is looking around.😎

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OLB is my biggest concern for next season. Really, the linebacking squad in general, but we were exposed on the Edge during several games this season which was unusual.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, but I am hopeful the 3 talented freshman OLB's from this year can grow up in a hurry. They could provide an upgrade from 2023. I also think the speed of 2024's inside backers can play more sideline to sideline like we had with the likes of Nakobe, Quay and of course Roquan.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some guys have to leave because there are guys nipping at their heels that need to play. JDJ may be an example of that. Some guys need to leave because someone else is coming in . Thorson/Miller is an example of that. UGA is always tight against the 85 limit. Can't really afford to have 2 scholarship punters.

CR is VERY optimistic about who he expects to return in '24. 5, 6, 97 and especially 22(D), 69, and 78 would be very surprising to see them return. Also expect 6 or 7 more guys to hit the TP. Hopefully it won't be 6,12 or 13 as rumored.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a great article and Connor is right: hard to keep track of all this! The Edge/OLB summary just screams for TP action... would love to see more analysis/discussion here

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see any edge players in the portal that will help. The top ones in the portal have either committed already or are not considering UGA. Maybe someone else could enter the portal later, but just don't see it right now. The 3 freshman from this year are generally higher rated than those left in the portal. They each have a year in the system and are plenty talented. Jalon Walker, while Kirby still considers an inside backer, to me has the most upside. With Mondon coming back and Allen and Wilson coming on, Walker could be the answer on the outside. He certainly has made the plays on the outside in limited snaps. Kirby will not be able to keep him off the field.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's some good analysis! I believe there are two more windows: one in January for CFP participants and one in May... maybe some luck then?