Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia outside linebacker Marvin Jones Jr. transfers to Florida State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia outside linebacker Marvin Jones Jr. transfers to Florida State

Marvin Jones Jr. won’t be playing in the bowl game for Georgia, as he entered the transfer portal. But starting next season, he’ll be playing for Georgia’s Orange Bowl opponent.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Pink Floyd once said "All in all it's just another brick in the wall" and I totally agree in regards to Jones Jr. leaving the program. I wish him the best, sorry he was not able to commit to Georgia for next year as I think he would have made a name for himself at some point - his turn to shine was right around the corner. Some just don't have the patience or the inclination to "wait their turn", just makes me appreciate Carson Beck more, and I know his decision to come back to Georgia will reap him millions in the future. As for Jones Jr, we will be just fine without him.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hate to see Jones leave, but if you ain’t for us you’re against us.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

He is better suited for the ACC. The SEC was just too rugged for him. Not sour grapes, but I never saw him set the edge once all season.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes sense considering that's where his dad played college football also. Best of luck young man..GoDAWGS!