Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I'd rather have Puglisi anyway, stronger arm, quicker release, and accuracy as good or better than Raiola..and he actually wants to be a DAWG,. He has been since he committed to UGA. Puglisi is going to be a good one when his time comes. Unlike Raiola, who can't seem to make a decision, and honor it. He canges his mind as often as I change my socks, daily..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    KurtTheWickedKurtTheWicked Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

From a character standpoint, I think Puglisi is a much better fit. CKS has placed an emphasis on players who buy in to the UGA team-first philosophy and thus far, Puglisi fits that bill perfectly. We won back-to-back national championships with a 5'11" two star recruit who completely embraced CKS vision; I think that shows how important character is verses recruiting stars. Forget this Raiola; he'll be in the transfer portal in two years, especially after playing in the Big 10 behind Nebraska's offensive line.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

I think the recruiting/character element has been well-covered, so I’ll touch on a different angle, just for kicks. As an English teacher, I have to say: that poem is a stinker. His rhythm is off, his rhymes are trite and forced, and his “cog in a machine” metaphor for being part of a group that doesn’t raise individuals above the team is flimsy at best. There’s no reason for the stanza breaks, and the narrative is relatively contradictory, both saying that the hero wants to steer clear of powerhouse glory and also to establish a dynasty. D-, but I’m generous with poetry scores.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But Puglisi is guaranteed to get the biggest cheer of all at the G-Day game next year. lol”

Truer words could not have been spoken!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
  • Options

P/S.....apparently his stint at Buford introduced Dylan to "Big Boy Football" and he wanted none of it”

This statement probably rings truer than any other…..

• Options
    edited December 2023

Maybe they “see the field”..…

Really love the Bagger Vance quote…..! 🤣😎

…….intended or not!!

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m sure he wanted to go ahead and announce the flip so he could start bowl practice in Lincoln. Wait, no bowl???

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I now think he is a closet prima Dona. And we are just catching a glimpse of it. Fake in ways. Yeah move on poet boy. To where you can try to be a prima dona hero and all about yourself.

The big fish in a little pond. Playing and practicing against the little fishes...

• Options
  • Options

"I firmly believe that Nebraska is in my blood," Raiola told ESPN. "It's a great opportunity to be part of something bigger than myself. Nebraska is a special place.

No, its the opposite actually. Going somewhere smaller than himself so he can be all that to the masses and to the highest degree.

When asked who his favorite Cornhusker player growing up was, Dylan Raiola said he "rooted for the whole team."

He doesn't even know a really good Nebraska players name to give as an answer. 1 because there weren't many especially on the offense. 2 because he doesn't really care about Nebraska.

His dad and brother have screwed with his mind over the last 6 months, groomed him, in my opinion.

They have no power or influence at UGA. At Nebraska, they can run the program along with Rhule...

Its not about Dylan at all and what is best for him. One thing in the top quote was "something bigger than myself". I believe that is true in one way. Yeah, Its all about his dad and his dads brother. And THEIR name being cemented in Nebraska history and them being big man on campus again and if nebraska starts winning, they will be royalty.

I hope it backfires and blows up in their face to tell you the truth. I hope Dylan ends up leaving Nebraska too.

That would be some "poetic" justice.

• Options
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my opinion he made a bad decision, but I hope I'm wrong.

I also think we're good without him, but he's unlikely to be good without us. I hope I'm wrong about the second part, and know I'm right about the first.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

First to start off Raiola is not from Buford he moved there a year ago. I guess the family is going to have to pack up and move again. I do not wish him ill but he was NEVER a DAWG.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best news this year. So excited by this announcement! Not sarcasm.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At what point did he decide Nebraska was"in his blood?" Like, last weekend? LOL! When Uncle Louie was the only coach retained by Rhule? WHen the money got right? It's oK to play for Nebraska, it's certainly his choice, just not buying all the mumbo jumbo about Nebraska i"n his blood."

Like, literally two weeks ago he was looking forward to starting classes at UGA! Somebody check on the kid.