Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

Comments

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

P/S.....apparently his stint at Buford introduced Dylan to "Big Boy Football" and he wanted none of it”

This statement probably rings truer than any other…..

edited December 2023

Maybe they “see the field”..…

Really love the Bagger Vance quote…..! 🤣😎

…….intended or not!!

Go Dawgs!!

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m sure he wanted to go ahead and announce the flip so he could start bowl practice in Lincoln. Wait, no bowl???

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I now think he is a closet prima Dona. And we are just catching a glimpse of it. Fake in ways. Yeah move on poet boy. To where you can try to be a prima dona hero and all about yourself.

The big fish in a little pond. Playing and practicing against the little fishes...

"I firmly believe that Nebraska is in my blood," Raiola told ESPN. "It's a great opportunity to be part of something bigger than myself. Nebraska is a special place.

No, its the opposite actually. Going somewhere smaller than himself so he can be all that to the masses and to the highest degree.

When asked who his favorite Cornhusker player growing up was, Dylan Raiola said he "rooted for the whole team."

He doesn't even know a really good Nebraska players name to give as an answer. 1 because there weren't many especially on the offense. 2 because he doesn't really care about Nebraska.

His dad and brother have screwed with his mind over the last 6 months, groomed him, in my opinion.

They have no power or influence at UGA. At Nebraska, they can run the program along with Rhule...

Its not about Dylan at all and what is best for him. One thing in the top quote was "something bigger than myself". I believe that is true in one way. Yeah, Its all about his dad and his dads brother. And THEIR name being cemented in Nebraska history and them being big man on campus again and if nebraska starts winning, they will be royalty.

I hope it backfires and blows up in their face to tell you the truth. I hope Dylan ends up leaving Nebraska too.

That would be some "poetic" justice.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my opinion he made a bad decision, but I hope I'm wrong.

I also think we're good without him, but he's unlikely to be good without us. I hope I'm wrong about the second part, and know I'm right about the first.

Go, Dawgs!

• DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

First to start off Raiola is not from Buford he moved there a year ago. I guess the family is going to have to pack up and move again. I do not wish him ill but he was NEVER a DAWG.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best news this year. So excited by this announcement! Not sarcasm.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At what point did he decide Nebraska was"in his blood?" Like, last weekend? LOL! When Uncle Louie was the only coach retained by Rhule? WHen the money got right? It's oK to play for Nebraska, it's certainly his choice, just not buying all the mumbo jumbo about Nebraska i"n his blood."

Like, literally two weeks ago he was looking forward to starting classes at UGA! Somebody check on the kid.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we ever make any sense of this NIL stuff, the first thing that has to go is the establishment of any deals for high schoolers before they ever produce on the football field of a college campus. In regard to poor Dylan: I implore you, Dylan, to consider your options. There is still time to make the right decision before early signing. Have you considered perhaps USC which is losing a "5 star" QB to the portal or even better Vanderbilt which would really fit your pithy (or is that "pissy"?) poem?

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

As I saw someone post a week or so ago. Raiola's uncle was given a substantial pay raise also. My thoughts were the same as the person who posted that comment. Nebraska AD to Dylan's uncle behind closed doors.." We'll give you this pay increase on 1 condition, you provide your nephew as collateral". Funny how fast things change with Raiola, but that seems to be the norm with this indecisive kid. He can't make a decision, and honor his word, so no big loss to me. He'd be at UGA 2 years tops before he hit the portal. He would've been QB 3 or 4 anyway. Behind Beck, Stockton, and a very good possibility, Puglisi also. I'll take any of those 3 ahead of Raiola any day. I think he made the move to Buford, just for the attention, and publicity, of playing for a national power in high school football. Grayson humbled him big time, I bet he still has nightmares of that game. He never really impressed me, he gets what I call "happy feet" in the pocket, bouncing around like he has springs in his cleats, and ends up more than not, throwing off his front foot. That leads to him throwing dead duck floaters, or just off target in general. I've said enough lol..GoDAWGS!

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 244 ✭✭✭ Junior