Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers ‘not sure yet’ on his decision for Orange Bowl, NFL draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers ‘not sure yet’ on his decision for Orange Bowl, NFL draft

While Carson Beck has made his intentions clear regarding the Orange Bowl and NFL draft, his leading receiver is still making up his mind.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still holding out hope that Bowers comes back - it has got to bother him that he missed out on those 3 games. Certainly don't blame him for cashing in, he deserves it...still hoping....

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

As much as I would love to see him back, it’s a business. He will be a top 10 lock already. No need to risk it. He gave his all and left it on the field. Proud of all he has done and the legacy he’ll leave behind.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BB is an absolute Dawg legend, and that's NOBULL!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even if he doesn't play in the ORange Bowl. You know that everything inside of him wants to. That's just how he's wired!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the BIG SCHEME of things, I see BB's heart compel him to participate in the Orange Bowl.....Just One More, for BOOM, BB! Then I can't wait to see where this DGD hits in the first round??

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Extremely Selfish on my part, and please forgive me, but I wish he’d come back. That said, No Way, No How could I blame him for going to the NFL. To echo the many comments here he laid it all on the field as a Dawg. If anyone in this year’s draft Deserves BIG things to happen For him it’s Brock Bowers.

He will absolutely go down as a Hall Of Fame Legend and Elite DGD !! Dawg Nation Loves You Brock Bowers !! Brock Bowers for President !!! As much as he’s done he could Easily do that to !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. I think Brock might be leaving a syringe full of his DNA to Oscar Delp !!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So the headline made it seem as if Brock hasn't reached a decision on whether to play in the bowl game OR turn pro. But reading the story closely, it just seems as if he's trying to decide whether he will play in the bowl game. But unless he's planning to be back at UGA next year (which, though I would love, I highly doubt) I don't think he should play in the Orange Bowl. Get healthy for the draft, young man. You've already done enough for UGA. But again, if you are of the Peyton Manning ilk and think the NFL can wait a year, we got plenty of room on the bus for you. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brock needs to do what is best for him at this point. Nothing else to prove. He's the #1 TE and the #6th player overall in the upcoming NFL Draft (nfldraftbuzz.com). He's given so much these past few years. Key part of UGAs success. Time to heal up completely and get ready for the next journey.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He has to do what’s best for him, but not the comment about the bowl game that I expected. 🤨

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's always the possibility...

That, the "people he needs to talk to"...may be Doctors. Not Agents or Lawyers.

He may be hurt worse than they let on.