Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star safety KJ Bolden has made his final college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,450 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star safety KJ Bolden has made his final college decision

This Sentell’s Intel rep has the latest with 5-star safety KJ Bolden of Buford High School and his final college decision on the first day of the early signing period. He’s the nation’s No. 1 safety and No. 14 overall prospect on the 247Sports Composite. He’s the No. 1 safety and the No. 13 prospect for the On3 Industry Ranking.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

a great snag for the Dawgs

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just WOW!! Welcome, Mr. Bolden. Let's chop some wood to get on the field ASAP. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The #1 safety, the #1 cornerback and the #1 linebacker. The Dawgs is ready. Can KJ get to Athens in time for some Orange Bowl practices?

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take that Dylan Raiola. GO DAWGS.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We desperately need him. I was surprised he even considered FSU, when Kirby needed him so bad.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

The weird thing about all of this now is that some of these guys won’t be at Georgia in 2 or 3 years- Georgia will develop them and then they take off through the portal. I doubt Raiola would have stayed because I doubt he beats out Gunner or now Puglisi- that whole poem thing makes me wonder

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow! I heard the rumors but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Welcome aboard!

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2023

Question to ask is HAS HE SIGNED?! Until he does don't want to hear it.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very shiny Christmas gift to UGA! This kid is a flyer. Elite 5-Star athlete. Impact player. Merry Christmas, Kirby.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't see this happening, I thought he was headed to Tallahassee, glad I was wrong. A big flip for the DAWS..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great addition to the 5-star defense!! Welcome KJ!!

• Options
    Dayacorp007Dayacorp007 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2023

Singing ceremony, huh? lol, Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AND #1 Punter with Drew Miller. It's GREAT to be a Georgia Bulldog!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Wow, what a recruiting class!..signed the #1 Inside Linebacker. , #1 Safety, #1 CB, and #1 Punter! Also signed the #1 rated players from the states of Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee, and New Jersey. And the #2 rated players from Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, and Conneticuit..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Four 5* players? S, CB, ILB and ? Check out Bolden's highlights on Sat Down South. Saw him play in person. He looked like a CFB all star playing against HS players. On the receiving end of many beautiful throws fron DR. Does CKS let him play D and O his 1st yr?

The stories of Raiola and Bolden perfectly illustrate why UGA should be focusing on recruiting in state players. Out of state transplanted Raiola had no emotional or family connection to the state or the program. Boldenl lives right down the road. He has visited frequently and as a result has built relationships with the staff, players and recruits. In the end the home state pull made the difference.

Very interesting that he says he will be wearing the very coveted #1 before he has stepped foot on campus or the ink is dry on his NLI.