Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia might add another quarterback in signing class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia might add another quarterback in signing class

ATHENS — Kirby Smart likes what Georgia has in the quarterbacks room, but the Bulldogs might not be done adding to it quite yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgZillaDawgZilla Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

Is there a better Jedi Master in the FIVESTAR WARS than CKS?

Damn, the BIG DAWG can close the deal, can't he?

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs have a darn good PWO in the mix. Wouldn't overlook him

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Which QB they bring in will tell us how Gunner has grown. If they get a top 25 of the available transfers, or will they shoot for a 3 star unsigned HS player.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I'm not mistaken, I think he played at Perry High School. The young man is a very good QB, and has good size also.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think I would grab another QB. I agree with yall, the Perry Kid is pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't think he's there now, so that may factor. They may want someone with more experience.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Perry kid is good height-wise, needs to put on some pounds to handle SEC stress. Has a super arm, very accurate. Get him in the weight room and nutrition program and should fill out nicely. May be a competitor in a couple years.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

Any thoughts out there for adding Malachi Nelson from USC? He was a 5-star QB and only used his redshirt year at USC. I think Kirby is looking at QBs with 3-4 years of eligibility so Malachi may be a good fit. I think he has already visited Texas A&M and South Carolina during his first weekend in the portal. Also, Kirby may wait until the playoffs conclude because there will be a rush of players from Bama, Michigan, Texas and Washington hitting the portal in the first week. I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t a few good QBs in that group. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2023

As a side note, one of Bama’s backups is heading back to Notre Dame to graduate and play lacrosse

im not sure of any of the top transfers would go somewhere just to compete for a backup role.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You may be right, but don’t forget that Bama added #2 (4-star QBs) in 2023 along with the #1 QB (Julian Sayin) yesterday. Milroe will play at least another season and they have another 4-star QB in the fold. That’s 5 QBs in addition to the one who left for Notre Dame.