Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Nation’s No. 4 junior OT Micah Debose decommits from Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Nation’s No. 4 junior OT Micah Debose decommits from Georgia football

This Sentell’s Intel rep has the latest with 4-star junior OT Micah Debose. He ranks as the nation’s No. 4 OT and the No. 26 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 1 IOL and the No. 38 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    mlm1947mlm1947 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

too much competition is a bummer ... :)

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From 247. Also says he's been to Bama more than georgia AFTER he committed. Committed to UGA and his rankings shot up and started visiting Bama more afterwards.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

DeBose WHO?? See, how easy that was? I've already forgotten about him. NEXT...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure its hard for an Alabama kid to listen to his peers all day long, so you're not going to BAMA? Friends, relatives, schoolmates. As it should be, just like a Georgia kid going somewhere else. In theory any way.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With portal stuff these days. I think this is borderline no story at all because of the sudoku of transfers and nil

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This kid is a big loss. One of the best around. But, he is like so many who commit early..here today gone tomorrow...I think Bama will land him. NIL, etc,...all those externals. Kirby will have to secure another commit and he will...make no mistake.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Flood of OL recruits in this cycle.... Lot of NIL deal talk thes last few weeks. Lets open up some competitive negotiation's.... But truly a non-story - 2025 news

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not much need to get excited about this young man. appears to be a good player but they come and they go regardless of how we think they fit in our program. I hope we can develop the big dudes we got and that they hang with us for the long run.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

NIL and Portals is pretty much the undoing of college football as I knew it growing up!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

If there are no limits on the NIL situation then where does it end? The NHL has salary caps on teams so things don't go crazy. There needs to be some reasonable control and oversight otherwise it can get very nasty. Surprised that the NCAA has not already done due diligence. No doubt that a high school Jr. making a commitment only to find out that he could make more money by being in the "market" is a no brainer. This is all about money. Understandable.

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the rate at which kids change their minds and can continue to do so even after joining the team, why do we still use words like “committed?” I propose some new ones like - Maybe’d! Who Knows’d? We’ll see’d! Would consider it’d. So far’d!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Word commit is just a vacuous word now in college football ranks. Some of these very young talents commit early and find there are other schools out there offering more....of whatever. Many are becoming desensitized to the word commit. I wait til signing day.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Georgia signed one of its largest offensive line classes in several years on Wednesday. If Debose had been a part of that class he might have been the most athletic, but he’d also be smaller in both height and weight than every member of Georgia’s 2024 class."......I'll take "athletic" over "height and tonnage" everyday, especially when we're only talkin a couple of inches and a few pounds.....Give him time and we will find out if he is "the right kind of guy" and not a "butter head"......(everything's good but her/his head) I'm sure Stacy is keeping the lines open and just maybe Mr. Debose will come around.....especially when he realizes how much more glitz and glory can be had when you've been developed by a Dawg program as opposed to what others promise.....I'm sure the next two NFL drafts will help!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let the coaches worry about this stuff. Until the player shows up AND puts in the effort to actually MAKE A DIFFERENCE for the team he is just a pool of potential.

I trust Kirby and staff. He deserves our trust.

Now onto the guys coming in. I would prefer big and athletic but being too small now is a problem for OL. Especially guards as they now have to battle 320-350 lb monsters at Nose. In the old days (the 80s) you could be 275-285 and be a top notch OL. Not anymore. If you are too small you will get injured or smashed.

Give me 10 huge guys and see which ones can trim down and get in shape to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Maybe only half of them will but those are the guys I want. BIG, BIGGER AND BIGGEST.

Physics guys. Force = Mass x Acceleration