Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN names most important recruit for 2024 Georgia football recruiting class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN names most important recruit for 2024 Georgia football recruiting class

ATHENS — Georgia brought in a lot of talented players this past week. The Bulldogs signed 28 prospects to make up their 2024 recruiting class. Georgia landed the No. 1 player at inside linebacker, cornerback, safety and punter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This group is full of Alpha Dawgs! Future is bright.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Taking all things into consideration I believe Puglisi is the team first guy we need in our program, it's ok to be a vital "COG" in a championship environment, my guess is we won't have to hear his poems (Puglisi) on ESPN radio shows, history will show we were fortunate a "ME" first guy decommitted and won't be a distraction like others who've passed through the program in the past....

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So far, Ryan Puglisi looks like the right guy. I say months ago that I thought he was the best fit at QB. Also asked was anyone worried about a kid who played for 4 different high schools in 3 different states and had decommitting from OSU. I was concerned about such instability. Always thought RP was the guy. Even liked his arm better. Think we got a good one here. Of course, only time will tell if any of this is true, but as of now, RP looks like a high character guy with good skills.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ignore typos in previous post. AI can screw up anything.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Puglisi "wants to grow and get better".....Kirby. Raiola seemed to want to skip that part. Note also how excited Kirby gets with new recruits: "Can't wait to coach them." Kirby is my kind of coach.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He checked the box every time for the right kind of kid, the right kind of competitor. He’s embraced the part about learning. He sees himself as a guy that needs to come in and develop under a system. He’s seen Carson’s success, so I think he understands that. He wants to grow and get better.”.....The right kind of competitor, I believe you can say this about every player we signed....and Ryan Puglisi is the leader that will coalesce the talents of every player to form another championship TEAM....in my life, this is the best signing class I can remember!

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Raiola seems as fickle as a middle school girl. I can't imagine what kind of development he expects from a program dwelling in the basement of a highly stratified league. He'll be a punching bag.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m no expert but I think Puglisi was a very, very solid get at the QB position. He looks to have all the necessary tools and much more as a QB and just as a person off the field of play. And tell you what I’m also very impressed with the preferred walkon Ginn. I’ve got a gut feeling in my Santa Claus gut that over time he to is gonna impress at UGA. Kirby & staff know best, but to me the Dawgs Have their four QBs in Beck, Stockton, Puglisi, and Ginn !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

@navydawg

Merry Christmas! I’m praying 2024 will bring healing from the Lord for the challenges that you’re dealing with.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have full faith and confidence in CKS. If he’s this excited about RP then we signed the right kid. I’d wager RP has some excellent parents and coaches guiding him.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing. Lol

If Colleges were girls...Raiola picked one of the least attractive girls in the class...so that "He's the one" that stands out. In this case...His girlfriend is incapable of upstaging him on the CFB front. So, it's gonna be all-about-Raiola in Nebraska...especially, for the Raiola's. Lol ...smells like...defeat.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Puglisi threw for 1,693 yards, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions this past season..."

That's not overwhelming statistics, if he played in approximately 12 games. Am I missing something here?

• Options

Statistics don't tell the whole story....with regard to any player, including Raiola. I'd look again. You "did" miss something....IMO..

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Pug a lot. However, we will bring in a big time qb either through the portal or a top 3 guy next year so he will have to earn it.

The most impactful player in this years group (there are a lot of impact guys) is Justin Williams.

The reasons for this are many:

-Linebacker is the leader of the defense.

-Justin is a generational linebacker (a future NFL HOF barring injury)

-Great human being (team guy and high character) and elite intelligence (can do anything in life).

-Elite physical traits (recognition and reaction, elite burst, natural instinctiveness)

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OK, I found out he played in 9 games and went 7-2. So he averaged 188 yards passing per game. He threw 14 TD passes and ran for 3 more. He has a cannon of an arm and he was one of three quarterbacks to participate in both the Elite 11 Finals and the Area Code Games. Still, I would have expected better statistics.

• Options

I hope you're right...cause if Williams has a greater impact than Bolden...Dang!!! The Dawgs will have one helluva bite on defense. Lol

• Options
    edited December 2023

Meaning, he was playing hurt a good bit of the time...and, I don't know anything about his HC or the team around him...which also has an impact on performance.. Raw statistics may give you the wrong picture...that's all was saying.

I appreciate the information. You're probably more informed on that front than I am. Lol...honestly, I don't pay that much attention to the recruiting hype. Especially, now that money is a big time influence. Everybody has an agenda.

Statistics need context, in order to have any real value. As you know....there are all sorts of issues and nuances that can effect a player or team's performance. I try to look at the "mean" production over time, to find true value...by eliminating irrelevant dips and spurts in performance, to start with. Then I look for year over year growth.

IMO...all players aren't on equal footing when it comes to Coaching, Football IQ, resources and Player Development. Those things need to be taken into consideration and applied when doing an assessment of "player talent, strength, FB IQ and speed.

At the end of the day....it's not where he is, now...but, how far ihe's capable of going, in the right "Program". Some QB's just aren't meant to be playing in certain Offensive Systems. It's about talent & fit...IMO. You wouldn't buy sandals...when you really need boots...if ya know what I mean.