Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart last-minute ‘shopping’ for gifted players in portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart last-minute ‘shopping’ for gifted players in portal

ATHENS — Kirby Smart is not done with his holiday shopping quite yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is my go to grocery shopper.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

"One week later, Etienne entered the portal and talk turned to how he wanted to play in a championship program while stile close to family in the Southeast Region.".....seems like a simple decision to me....either The Dawgs or The Tide.....maybe go back to the Bayou and LSU....guess it boils down to who Trevor thinks has the best chance at winning the SECC in 2024 and progressing as #1 to the play offs so that narrows it down to either The Dawgs or The Tide.....The Dawgs lose two "feature backs" but have a stout RB room with little experience....Trevor would get starting opportunity. At Bama, similar situation.......regrettably, I suppose it comes to which organization can pony up the best NIL......given that, I'll stick with the studs in our RB room......after all, they have already put in the commitment and work becoming DGD's!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A nice piece of information for someone to put in a story like this would be where UGA stands vs the 85 number. Expect more players to hit the TP before it closes. But don't expect UGA to add many more from the TP.

UGA does not seem to have a 3rd OT ready for SEC play. Should TRatt surprisingly come back he could move to starting RT. After 71, 56, 55, 53 and 57 there seems to be no experienced, proven OL.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

I suppose normal portal shopping buys you some time for younger guys to develop. Nice to see we are also getting a couple of start worthy guys who have more than one year left.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GtheGreek i tried to drop the hint

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGADad20 that number is fluid … too fluid to matter

a kid could go off scholarship and get reimbursed

scholly limits dont matter anymore

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent transfer moves by Kirby. We need all the talented beef that we can get to survive the gauntlet of a schedule next season.

In other news, Ole Miss just grabbing former 5-star Aggie DL Walter Nolen from the portal. Nolen was considered the top player available in the transfer portal and chose Ole Miss over Oregon, joining the Rebels’ No. 1-ranked transfer class. The Rebels have gotten12 players now from the TP - mostly guys on defense. Their schedule is reasonably mild next season (toughest opponents are GA, OK, and LSU), and I wouldn't be surprised if they get into the playoffs.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith

What's the actual known numbers of seniors graduating? Nfl draft-eligible juniors? And how many who very likely will be gone, as it pertains to the 85 limit. Just wondering how many more have to transfer out before next fall.