Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida running back Trevor Etienne announces transfer to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageFlorida running back Trevor Etienne announces transfer to Georgia

ATHENS — Georgia isn’t done adding at the running back position. After signing three talented running backs in the 2024 signing class, the Bulldogs added Trevor Etienne via the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes !!! Nice present for Christmas !!! Merry Christmas to All of Dawg Nation !!! May God Richly Bless and Protect you All !!

• Options

Wise decision on Trevor’s part though seriously. He’ll be trained to be Elite in pass pro, along with his already obvious skills running the ball. He just increased his draft stock for the future in the NFL !!

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’d love to see him used in the backfield similar to Cook, running, catching, etc. He is an explosive playmaker so get him the ball in creative ways. Merry Christmas Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m sure he’s a great add. But I’m looking forward to the fall camp competition for the 2 best. And Etienne may be #3 or 4 There are some studs who we just haven’t seen due to injuries. Not to mention the freshmen.

• Options

Absolutely agree !! But the ( as you know) competition will only serve to sharpen All of them !! And if their the competitors we think they are it should be Fierce competition. And whoever emerges as the top two should Really be something to see for Dawgs fans !!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A very nice addition to the RB rotation, very good RB, and with SEC experience on his resume. Welcome to Athens, young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Despite his older brother, Trevor reminds me more of our last 1000+ yd rusher, Swift. He is compact, quick, and he has great vision and instincts. He has a ton of experience in the SEC. If anything, he should get big tailwinds from having our offense around him. He looked really good in an offense that had serious issues over the last couple of years. I think Trevor will have a banner year as a Dawg and then turn pro next year.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

well that's a good catch. Makes me wonder are we done with the portal or is there another Christmas gift in store for us. I believe that we now have a good mix of young-uns and experienced dudes. Makes me wish we could start the next season next week instead of the Orange bowl.

• Options
    riddlevilleriddleville Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Great CHRISTmas gift to Dawgs ❤️🖤

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think Kirby got him to be #3 or 4. He is very talented and experienced. He will get a chance to play with a quality QB and a good O line. As far as the number 3, in Kirby's tenure, the UGA RB room has been at it's best with 3 quality RB's rotating with each bringing a different style to the offense. I'm sure he is glad to be getting out of the Swamp.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m not saying What the coach may do, I’m just saying that we shouldn’t be surprised if the existing RB room competes may the best man (men) get the rock.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a Christmas gift for the Dawgs! Welcome Trevor!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And don't forget my man Cash, who had a 7.6 yd ave and LenNeth Whitehead, 6.5 yd ave at Tenn.....add that to our untested Freshman and Sophs and I can see Trevor will most definitely be the sharpening stone and providing MB all sorts of creative avenues!