Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football practice report: Offensive line coach Stacy Searels hospitalized with pneumonia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football practice report: Offensive line coach Stacy Searels hospitalized with pneumonia

MIAMI — Georgia offensive line coach Stacy Searels was not with the team at Wednesday’s practice. Georgia put out an official statement on the matter, clarifying that Searels was hospitalized with pneumonia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PappyDawg27PappyDawg27 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

And, of course, Riley is at his best spelling-wise. Never fails.

Can't spell 'Searels'. And Kamari Lassiter had on his "non-contract" jersey. Freudian? Who knows. Probably not, with Connor Riley. Dude can't spell 'cat' correctly half the time. Or is just too lazy to proof his own copy.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia being down to two scholarship QBs is a heckuva lot better than FSU's QB situation!

I'm glad we have playoffs nowadays. And - on the whole - I'm glad these young men are managing their careers in a way that safeguards their own interests.

But I really do miss the days when the non-playoff bowl games pitted teams at their best against each other. Even if we stomp FSU 65-7, Seminole nation will continue to claim (bogusly IMO) that they belonged in the playoffs because UGA didn't beat their "real" team.

It says a lot about Kirby Smart's culture that so few players (aside from the transfers) are sitting out despite the letdown of not getting into the playoffs.

... And a Speedy recovery to Coach Searels -- unsung hero on the staff for the last three Georgia teams.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

I know that this is probably going to ruffle some feathers but I don't think that Brock should play in the game Saturday against Florida State. In my opinion I think he came back to early from his surgery and it showed in the alabama game. He has his whole life and career ahead of him so why take a chance of completely injuring himself permanently. I would love to watch him play again as DAWG but Brock heal up COMPLETELY and you have ALREADY made us proud that you were a DAWG. LET'S get that 50th win for the class. GO DAWGS

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Praying for a speedy recovery for Coach Searels but what an outstanding opportunity for Coach Manrey....the O-Line won't miss a beat cause we're in Great Hands!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, if we are up by 50, does Muschamp get to come in for a few snaps? He may never get another chance so score some for the walk-on!