Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: Georgia ‘opt-in’ culture in stark contrast with fragmented Florida State

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed. Humble, give-others-credit Kirby points to the players... but they get it from the top of the house. All the more reason to be a proud Georgia fan. Go Dawgs!

• Options

You musta been a philosophy major, E_Roc. :) Deep stuff, but totally sensible. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

You won't find a sports news organization that will take a stance on that. They ALL speak with "one voice", now. Lol...."News"?....no such thing anymore. They are gossip and hype machines, now. Catering to Corporate Power.

Their "new mission"...is to back the "Corporate Play" and justify...if not ignore.

• Options
    edited December 2023

My fellow "Bull" Dudes & Dudettes....my biggest issue is....I've been on a 2 week road trip. Talked to Fans from 3 Conferences and several schools.. including UT. I haven't found "1" person that thinks UGA should've been left out of the CFP.

In fact, many believe the CFP is compromised without UGA in it. I'm just sayin'....if you "ask the audience"....the Committee effed up! What now?.

I just wonder if they're gonna start allowing "cheating" in the first half of everybody's schedule, going forward. Lol....if Michigan wins and gets stripped of the title...who do you think would be Champ?

• Options
    edited December 2023

I'm hearing the same thing, BD... but all you can do is just move on (unlike the tirelessly whining FSU fans, and the example set by Saban throughout his career). It bites, but the lessons for our kids (and fans) is life ain't always fair... in fact if you use a "fairness lens" on everything, it'll darned sure drive you completely crazy. :) So you lick your wounds, thank your trenchmates for their effort, and live to fight another day. Make no mistake, these Georgia dawgs will fight another day, starting with Saturday. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zamir White rushed for 145 yards this past Monday against the Chiefs! DId I miss that on here somewhere?

• Options
    edited December 2023

Lol...well said. And, so true. I'm still not sure where "fairness" begins and "justice" ends....and I've been around a few decades. That's life, in a nutshell....I guess. What're ya gonna do?....except raise a little hell, when it's as obvious as this year's CFP.

Maybe the CFPC will learn something. Lol

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will 100% go back and read the fantastic responses to this article, as I fully enjoy—and definitely respect—everyone’s opinion. But before that I want to say how much I enjoy Mike’s honesty combined with a command of the English language. Word choice carries weight, so his grasp of the importance of semantics makes his analysis both pointed and hilarious. Keep on keepin’ on, Mike!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have been reading the posts on here and I am in agreement with most that has been said. Did the dawgs get an UNFAIR shake falling from #1 to #6 after being #1 all season in both polls and the CFP rankings after ONLY losing by 3 points in a CHAMPIONSHIP game? YES! A hundred times YES! We were screwed no doubt, and NO, that would NOT have happened to BAMA had the roles been reversed.

With all that said, I HATE it my dawgs showed up not ready to play. ALL season long the dawgs proved that they could take a punch and get back up and win at the end of the game. Unfortunately, that did not happen against Bama. Georgia had an INCREDIBLE first drive and took first blood. MAN, it looked like to me Bama was going to be boat raced. Literally, the brakes were beaten off of Bama on the drive, it just looked too easy. And then, Bama got back up. They took a punch and punched back - again and again. My dawgs hit the ropes and were not the same. That's what happened and that is the truth. Was there bad officiating? YES. Alabama got away with stuff. No doubt. But still. Anyone who looked unbiased at the trenches during that game saw previous contests with Bama flash before their eyes. The Bama D and O was having their way with our players. We couldn't stop their pass rush and we couldn't get to their QB. We are VERY lucky the score wasn't worse. The reason why it wasn't worse is because this version of Bama is not the best version of Bama we have seen in recent years. No STAR RB, no ELITE WRs. Heck Burton, went to Bama because he couldn't get enough targets with Bowers on the field. I just think Georgia shot itself in the foot in that game. I wish we had another opportunity to make it right like we did a couple of years ago, but it was not to be. I'm going to call it what is was - a missed opportunity. We should have been ready to win that game. But we were poorly coached and poorly game planned. Our lines were WORE OUT. Again, a conditioning issue seemed to get to us. Anyway, looking for a better game against FSU! GO DAWGS!

• Options

It was a very evenly played game when you look at all the stats across the board. We actually outgained them in total yardage even though at times we did get beat at the line of scrimmage. THey only out rushed us by 36 yards. Most of that was Milroe.

We had the fumble, the penalty on the FG attempt that backed it up to 50 yards. Then the bad no call on the incompletion(that was a possible 14 point swing as we would of had the ball over on downs at midfield) and that was enough. THe injury to Mims, BB and LM not being fully healthy. THat was just enough to keep us from winning. Woulda could,a shoulda, I know. Winners don't whine when they lose. Us fans do sometimes. though. Especially when it always seems like one team gets a little(lot) extra help by the zebras.

• Options

Couldn't agree more. Being wrong is not the same as lying. And, I don't believe any of the guys at DawgNation are interested in misleading or misinforming anybody. In fact, I count on their opinion and point of view.

Great Job!....as far as i'm concerned.

Go Dawgs....skin em, twice.

• Options
    edited December 2023

Sounds like we're all, just preachin' to the choir. Lol

Like I said...zero dissenting voices, with regard to UGA's claim.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, you stated the “4 best” over the “4 deserving.” Based on your statement, and the s t u p i d committee’s, Georgia should have been in. They would be favored over the top 3 teams. If all of the opt-outs=quit for fsu had happened before the betting line came out, Georgia would be favored by 4 TDs.

If Georgia had been healthy and not subject to zebra interference or lack there of, both Georgia and FSU would have gotten in the playoffs because that would have given the grinch team 2 losses and the Texas win over them wouldn’t have been as impressive.

• Options
    SwingerDawgSwingerDawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Tell that to Will Shipley who tore his knee up in a meaningless bowl yesterday. He cost himself millions! I don’t blame any player for opting out.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We’ll have to see but I think initial assessments were that Shipley MRI’s would come back negative for any tears.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

My goodness it is football. Injuries are part of the game. Su ck it up buttercup. You signed up to play football and they give you a free education and on top of that a stipend and some NIL if you are a legit starter. All of that and you can't suit up for your team for a bowl game? What? The travesty.

Me generation needs to get a grip. Yah, so what. The kid hurt himself playing a game that has taken care of him very well.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

What NFL career would there be to speak of without the sport and team you're saying he should have quit on?

And what about the thousands upon thousands of players that have made it to the NFL? I guess it's just a league of nothing but walking miracles?

• Options

Easy way to fix all this opt out stuff if it means so much to the univeristy that these kids risk a shot at generational wealth in order to represent their school one last time for what amounts to in most cases to be just a meaningless game is let these schools purchase the opt out kids insurance policiies that would match their potetential NFL signing bonus in case they do get injured enough to cause detriment to their position in the draft. Just for that one game or however many post regular season games that it's absolutely crucial it's for them to play in. Put the onus back on the instittutions and not make these kids have to gamble their potential futures for a Gator Bowl win(yippee!) for their university. THere, problem solved!