Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia controlled Orange Bowl narrative in 63-3 win, ‘these guys care’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,560 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Georgia controlled Orange Bowl narrative in 63-3 win, ‘these guys care’

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Kirby Smart is all about controlling the narrative, and his Georgia football team followed suit in the Orange Bowl.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdawg19jdawg19 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

No excuses from FSU, if you didn't have all your players, You Didn't Have to Go!!!!!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

“I know this, we have a really good football team in a system that doesn’t allow everyone an opportunity to play for it,” Smart said.

Georgia has the distinction of being the first team ever to be ranked No. 1 in the second-to-last poll of the season and not make the playoffs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA won’t win the natty but there is absolutely no doubt Kirby has built the #1 program in the country! He has grown so much as a coach. His first few years he would have had the offense just sit on the ball in the second half. I am very proud that he let the subs run the same offense as the starters until very late in the game. ELITE!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I don't need a dang Committee of morons to tell me who the '23 National Champions are. UGA would've spanked em all in a playoff.....and, everybody can see it.

I watched the game in a resort tavern with Fans from across the Country....and I overheard many conversations lamenting the CFP Committee's biased or incompetent choices for the "top four teams".

Bottom line is......it's a deflated National Championship without UGA's presence....and, NOBODY'S buyin' it. The Playoff is over as far as most people are concerned. They've already seen the best team play.

The other 4 teams were spared an embarrassment.....by a committee of biased human beings using the "Pencil Whip Method". That's the gist of it and Fans of all teams and Conferences saw it for themselves, tonight.

The CFP is a Joke this year. Thanks...Boo.

UGA may have earned a share of the Natty, tonight. This could be the first time, that the AP Poll differs from the the CFP/Coaches Poll.