Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs keep focus on the future in overwhelming Orange Bowl win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,456 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageDawgs keep focus on the future in overwhelming Orange Bowl win

The best college football team of 2023 isn’t in the playoff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go article, Bill.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The college football playoff is no more about “the best four teams” than the Heisman is about “ the best player in college football.” University administrators, the poster children for political correctness, that make up most of the committee were no more willing to take the heat for leaving out two undefeated conference champs regardless of how weak the conference than the Heisman voters are not willing to learn to grade out tight ends, offensive linemen, or linebackers to determine a true “best player in college football”.

The 12 team playoff is supposed to fix this and the opt-out problem. Don’t bet the farm! The four team playoff was supposed to fix the BCS. That is BS!

The committee dropped the Dawgs five spots for a three point loss to Bama. When Bama beats Michigan by 30, let’s see how far Michigan drops. I bet they will still be top four.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Though scores of other games may be iffy for determining who is the best of the best, I'd like to think that Mo over Ohio State and Ole Miss over Penn State provide at least supporting evidence for the Dawgs being the real #1. Beyond doubt, I am convinced that a healthier UGA would have dismantled Ala as well. "Three of four in 24"!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The CFB Playoff Committee blew it badly that’s all there is to it. Margin of points in victories Should have mattered. UGA beat Bama Significantly in that category, In Particular vs Common Opponents.

And out of sympathy people Before, During, and After the Orange Bowl kept talking about how many players FSU had out injured, in particular their starting QB. Well while I understand that what about the Double Bus Load of players that the Dawgs had out or playing at Far less than 100% in the SECCG ?? Nope nobody gave any sympathy Not that the Dawgs asked for any.

Also it was reported right here on DN that Brock Bowers accounted for a whopping 52% of the total Offense before he went down injured !! And guess who was right behind him ?? That’s right none other than Ladd McConkey !! Who we all know missed Allot of playing time and games even. YET the Dawgs won 12 straight regular season games. Bama lost to TX in the regular season.

Coming into the Orange Bowl Bama had only ONE Key player missing their starting RB. We All Know how many the Dawgs had out and Both Bowers and McConkey playing at Far below 100%. I won’t bring up officiating as Some will call me a sore loser. Yet Bama only managed to win by 3 points.

My points ?? The Committee had said Loud and Clear they wanted the four BEST teams. Dropping Then number One UGA to number six and Elevating then number eight Bama to number four was SO wrong.

These things said I despise Michigan, could care less about them, Same feelings for Bama. But I’m predicting Right Now that Michigan is gonna beat the brake shoes off Bama. When that happens and I think it will, the so called PlayOff Committee ( I could go into much more on that but I’ll spare Y’all ) are gonna end up looking like the Morons they are.

I’m a Very passionate and devout Dawgs fan, but trying to set that aside for a moment, anyone that watched the Dawgs in action in the Orange Bowl SAW the Best team in the country !! Being Denied the opportunity I hope will become a flaming torch in the hearts of every coach, player, staff, fan of the University Of Georgia Football Program !! A torch lighting the way to future National Championships, beginning in 2024 !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. If somehow Bama manages to get by MI but I don’t think they will, I’m confident they will choke in the Natty.

• Options
    JimmyJimmy Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

The powers that be wanted bama and cheating Michigan in so that’s what we all got

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God Bless all my fellow Dawgs fans !! Y’all are The Best fan base in All of CFB !!! Wish you All a Great & Happy 2024 !!!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ll tell you who is glad the best team in college football isn’t playing in the playoffs: Bama; Michigan; Texas; and Washington. None of those teams would beat UGA. Give Kirby a month to get his team ready and it beats folks by scores like 65-7 and 63-3.

yes, FSU had a ridiculous # of opt outs, but our backups outscored FSU 21-0 in second half. FSU should not have been in the playoffs. Heck, it’s obvious they should not have been in the Orange bowl. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Don’t want to hear them.

Texas beat Bama when Bama was struggling with QB play. Texas’ one loss was to Oklahoma! Bama and UGA should both be in playoffs. Texas should not be in. Just pick the four best teams at the end of the season! The committee is a joke.

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

FSU's orange got SQUEEZED. That was an epic beatdown of epic (redundant, I know) proportions. It's been a great season, except for the SECCG when we were merely good, against a focused Bama team, getting by us with a little help from their friends (you know what I'm talking about). We absolutely were one of the 4 best teams in the country. How does it make any sense to drop the consensus number 1 team 5 spots to 6 after a close loss to one of the great programs in college football (currently, not just historically) and when plenty of extenuating factors would be mitigated in a playoff scenario?? We had Ladd back at full strength, a presumably level playing field with officiating and everything else. 2 or 3 spot drop, sure. But NEVER 5 spots. That's crazy town and says the committee rejected all of their previous evaluations that had us at number one, all over 3 lousy points.