Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mike Norvell: Seminoles ‘forever champions’ won’t be remembered for 63-3 loss to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited January 1 in Article commenting
imageMike Norvell: Seminoles ‘forever champions’ won’t be remembered for 63-3 loss to Georgia

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Florida State coach Mike Norvell says his Seminoles are “a group that will be remembered.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 1

Like G said below, Kirby showed him the way. Norvell needs to embrace this. This is his Texas Sugar Bowl moment.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia was also the first team to be ranked #1 in all but one of the playoff polls and was left out, even though it was a 3 point loss on a neutral field with the arguably 3 best offensive players injured, untimely miscues and inconsistent calls, or no calls, from the refs. The 4 “deserving” teams got in, NOT the 4 BEST teams. Georgia would be favored over teams ranked 1-3 by 10 points or more and the team ranked 4 wouldn’t matter because they wouldn’t be in anyway.

And Mike, don’t say anything negative about the 🐐 on the Paul finebaum show, especially that he wet the bed vs Texas. I’m sure that was used as motivation.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 1

Coach Norvell should be more concerned with how his program fell apart more than anything else. An implosion like that can't be blamed solely on external variables. I think FSU failed the funamental task of controlling the controllables. Good luck to Coach Norvell, he has a huge mountain in front of him.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Novell can say whatever he wants but his team will ALWAYS be remembered as a 13-0 team that get it's @$$ handed to them 63-3 by UGA.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s really simple! The head coaches, Kirby and Norvell, had jobs to do to get their players to buy-in to the bowl game and to prepare whatever players they had available to compete. Kirby did his job; Norvell didn’t!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Norvell will never recover from his putrid leadership performance.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Think we Dawg fans know that we were the team that got screwed and would win a Three-Peat if given the chance. I say we pull a UCF and crown ourselves 2023 Champions:-)

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Total disgrace that Norvell was awarded the Bobby Dodd trophy. The voting members for that award should be summarily dismissed with lifetime taboos attached. Bobby Dodd is truly rolling in his grave today. Norvell is the absolute opposite of the leadership and values that Bobby Dodd lived.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 7

“More importantly, does it affect Florida State recruiting or donations? Will NIL sponsors want guarantees from future Seminoles players that they won’t opt out and leave their program and teammates hanging?”

I believe that the terms and conditions of NIL contracts across the nation going forward will include a clause that forbids the opt- out for players who aren’t on the injured list. For those players who are fortunate enough to have an NIL deal, they have dipped their toes in the water of professional sports and should know that there are obligations and responsibilities that come with signing a contract.!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 1

How many SEC teams would beat FSU?

UGA

AL

OLL MISS

MIZZ

Who am I missing?

FSU and ACC will be remembered by this game. No wonder they want out of the ACC.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Smart made one comment (that I recall) about being left out of the CFP. He immediately drew a line under it and began preparations for the Orange Bowl. That is leadership. I'll say it again, we are blessed!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There was already much talk in the wind about FS not getting in. They should of taken the hint. Most UGA players sort of knew they weren’t getting in. FS didn’t pass the eye test to anyone outside of their program. Their head coach should have prepared his players with a good dose of reality. College football is very QB driven. It’s a rare team that can lose its starter and be anything near what it was, especially when the team revolves around his ability to run with the ball and make something out of nothing. Think what Bama would be without Milroe. A 3-4 loss team. But instead they will likely win it all.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@reddawg1

I completely agree with you. I’m convinced that UM was counting on seeing FSU in that 4th spot, and they were very disappointed when it turned out to be Bama. None of those other playoff teams wanted to see Bama or UGA making the playoffs, and that tells you all you need to know about who the best teams in the nation really are!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I gotta be honest, I get FSU’s point about being left out. The beat a ranked LSU team and then an admittedly horrendous florida (both SEC) but they played their conference schedule and won out, including against a ranked clem(p)son. Who among us would not be angry in the same situation?

alabama got in because the committee would never keep them out if they can finagle an excuse to weasel them in and Texas is in due to beating bama. I get the argument that bama would likely beat FSU but seriously, I would have the same argument if I was FSU.

FSU and their pitiful conference should have allowed a 12 team when it was originally proposed.