Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia wide receiver Ladd McConkey announces his plans for 2024 season, enters NFL draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited January 1 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia wide receiver Ladd McConkey announces his plans for 2024 season, enters NFL draft

Another key member of the Georgia football program has announced his future plans, as wide receiver Ladd McConkey will be off to the NFL .

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, I figured we’d be reading this news soon enough.

Good luck, Mr Impaler! and GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 1

What a great DAWG. He and Bowers have been huge at UGA. Hope both are successful at the next level. If any GM has any question about Ladd they should rewatch the TD he made when the pass play broke down and he somehow found his way into the endzone vs. FSU. I'll always remember him for that play. Best of luck fellas.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was waiting for this announcement, and it came through. Ladd is ready for the League. UGA will miss Mr. Versatility. The list reveals many top players opting for the draft. Kirby is on top of it all.....many new recruits, back-ups and portal picks. UGA will be fine. I will really miss Ladd, however.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Return, rush, catch, block or pass.....Ladd McConkey will always be the standard, The Consummate "Wild Card" in The Dawgs offensive history!

Thank you for all of the excitement you brought to every game but for me, THANK YOU for being the example of outstanding play, sportsmanship, and generosity....who knew that Santa was a DGD..... for every "No name" 3 star with dreams of gridiron greatness!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 1

Don't think I'll miss any other player more!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy is going to make an outstanding pro. He will find an open spot and create YAC like a beast. I see him as such a clutch option for a team on 3rd down and will continue to be underestimated and will always over-deliver. A great player, man, and teammate and definitely a DGD.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck at the next level Ladd! Even hurt, you were still a very versatile player. You will be missed by many this coming season..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure handed, scrappy.

Maaaan, we gun a miss this guy!

good luck

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Huge loss. I don’t know how we’ll overcome losing Ladd and Brock, which is like waiting on the other shoe to drop. God bless Ladd in all he does. Thank you for giving your all to Georgia.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure gonna miss you Ladd McConkey. You are a DGD forever. My favorite player out of Allot of great Dawgs. I wish you the Very best life has to offer On and Off the field. God Bless You !! Thanks for all the Great Memories !! Whichever NFL team gets this young man will have a Great player !! A difference maker, a motivator. He’ll be great in the NFL I’m confident.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’ve made all of Dawg Nation proud, Ladd! Keep up the great work!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So happy for Ladd to have an opportunity to play pro ball. I'm sure he never dreamed the NFL would be an option. Whoever drafts this young man will get the consumate overachiever. Thanks for the memories!

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

One of my all-time favorite Dawgs. Period.

• Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

An arrogant, elegant dawg. Dammit, I held out belief he might return. Well wishes for this one.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

What a talent! Gonna miss him faking out DBs. So many great highlights. He gave one more on that busted play against FSU where he out ran everyone and rambled to the end zone. He will be missed.

• Options
    FloridadawgFloridadawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

wow what a player. You have been my favorite player these last 2 seasons and it has been a privilege to watch you play. sure gonna miss seeing you in the red and black but all great things must come to an end and you my friend have been a "**** GREAT DAWG" good luck in the future c u on sundays