Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers shares what he hopes to be remembered for during his time at Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,474 admin
edited December 2023 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers shares what he hopes to be remembered for during his time at Georgia

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — It’s scary to imagine what Georgia could’ve done to Florida State if the Bulldogs actually had their best player available.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of the best.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For me personally, BB #19 has surpassed Herschel Walker as my all time favorite and best DAWG to ever wear the Red & Black.

#34 will always be the best running back to ever play college football, IMO.

However, BB is the best football player I have ever seen play in Athens.

I will forever be grateful to him for his passion, toughness, tenacity and athletic ability in representing everything great about college football while wearing that #19 on his Georgia Bulldog uniform.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great view. I’m sure there could be a thousand variations of this but to me my all time favorites remain Champ Bailey and Hines Ward. They were willing to play so many different positions that likely didn’t necessarily help them but the team needed it. Can’t go wrong with BB though - an outstanding DAWG and one that will always be at the top of many fan’s all-time list.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to try and compare Brock vs Herschel, but I think Brock is the best teammate to ever play for UGA. His work ethic was obvious going back to those videos he sent to the UGA coaches before he entered school. The tales the staff have told about his practices are epic. His desire to be on the field truly honorable. While not being much of a talker, his effort the best form of leadership. UGA fans truly blessed to watch him play.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its understandable the young pups here proclaim BB as the best ever. He is truly a great player and easily the most impactful dawg of the Smart era. I love his attitude and work ethic. I had hoped to see him in a Georgia uni one last time but I understand accept the reason, in an era where there is a pandemic raging through the NCAA of great players suffering "injuries" following their teams being excluded from the playoffs. Honestly not the case for Bowers but so so common, even at UGA. Cherish the Lassiter's, the Milton's.

As to the greatest ever........the dawg nation needs to be reminded Walker alone brought a merely above average southern football team to the national championship 3 years in a row. Check out the the number of carries per game. He even played a complete game with a broken collar bone in a national championship game. No player or team ever slowed or stopped Herschel. The fact he does not have a statue on campus is an embarrassment.

Coach Kirby has produced COMPLETE championship level teams. I am thankful we no longer have to hope for another Walker today but I will ALWAYS believe Herschel Walker is the greatest all time football player of all time.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers has set a standard for TE's the same way Hershel set the standard for RB's, the same way Roquan set the standard for LB's and the same way Carson Beck will set the standard for QB's in 2024!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When you have to go back 40 years to compare someone to someone who played that long ago you are talking about one heck of a player! I feel the same way towards BB as I did about Herschel. Awe inspired!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

If you're gonna go there....I gotta add Charlie Trippi and the '42 Heisman winner Frank Sinkwich. But, my HS HC played ball with em at UGA....and, had some stories. Trippi should've won the Heisman...but, the Yankee press, didn't want to give the award to another Dawg.

They were just as corrupt, then....as they are now. But, less sophisticated. Lol

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers is the very essence of hard working and doing the right thing. He will go down as a Legend in Dawgs history. A DGD forever. Whichever NFL team gets this young man is gonna be So blessed. Thanks for all the great memories Brock. Wish you the Very best life has to offer On and Off the field of play. I salute your parents they Sure raised you right !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

The difference between Herschel and Brock is that everyone on the field, sideline, and stadium knew that Herschel was getting the ball, yet stoppeth him not.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The difference is Herschel played in an era where defensive linemen were barely bigger than he was. The average player size was much smaller and there wasn't year round training. Addiitionally, the players were not nearly as fast or as talented.

Brock is doing this in the modern era. Herschel might still be an AA in today's game but I'm not sure. The playes are so much bigger and faster now.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hershel was the biggest, fastest, guy I ever saw run.