Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Julian Humphrey to reportedly remain at Georgia instead of entering transfer portal

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe by the end of the year. Maybe. Everette is a really good corner. You will see that this year. Do you remember Campbell? Same thing. Baker, same thing. It's called earning your position and at corner when you get targeted 2x as much because the guy on the other side is a lockdown corner then that's what happens.

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 4

It’s interesting that he admits it was money. That indicates to me these kids are getting approached or they’re shopping around while they’re still on the team. In the NFL they call it tampering I believe. This nonsense is off the rails. I guess we’re going to need college “contracts”?

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Editor, where are you?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you think that playing CB in the SEC is just like making 1 handed INT's in a HS all star game practice then don't think. UGA CB's have to support the run D and tackle. Robinson will have to put on 15 lbs of muscle before he can even be considered to be a starter. Sure he'll play some in certain situations and mop up duty. But it will take a while for him to move Everette out of the starting line up. Physically he is not ready to be an every down player in the SEC.

• Options

First good point I've seen in awhile. IV will play this year and may even start by the end of the year however he is only 185 and needs to get stronger and add some muscle and prove he can take down a 230 lb running back in practice first and shed a block from a tight end or a wr that outweighs him by 30-50 lbs.

Covering wrs is only part of the job.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To piggyback on your point, BigDawg: Ellis is actually listed as 175. I think Kelee was around 200 when he came to Georgia, and if I remember right he didn't start until partway through the season.

Seems like more bluechip safeties (Malaki, Caleb Downs) than bluechip CBs get starts early in their freshman year -- I assume because putting on weight and muscle isn't as urgent for them. So -- assuming both do well in the preseason -- wouldn't Bolden be more likely to get early starts? Especially because it looks like we'll loose both Tykee and Bullard, and there's not an heir apparent -- as there is at CB (Humphreys).

The good thing about both 5-star DBs: They're enrolling for spring semester.

• Options

Saftey is easier, not easy, to start at as a freshman. I expect KJ and Aguero to flip flop at nickel and safety. Whoever is better at safety will start and the other one probably will be at nickel. Rhett impresses some people as well so he will be in the mix. KJ, Aguero, Starks, and Rhett. That is a really strong 4.

Corner is just so difficult to start as a freshman especially in the SEC with the talented wrs and top notch OC's. Plus the running backs are big and fast and small corners can get eaten alive. OC's love to see coaches put out a freshman as a corner because it's easy first downs most of the time and potentially big play tds.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 4

Don't bet on Ellis starting. In everyone of those interception clips he would have gotten called for DPI. Holding like that won't fly in college ball. (Unless its a certain school a few hours west of Athens.)

As for Humphrey, it's pretty **** clear that there needs to be an investigation for tampering. NIL and portal is one thing, tampering is another. NCAA needs to step up.