Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia adds another transfer wide receiver in USC’s Michael Jackson III

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited January 4 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia adds another transfer wide receiver in USC’s Michael Jackson III

ATHENS — Georgia has added another wide receiver via the transfer portal, as USC’s Michael Jackson III has committed to Athens.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anything more about him?

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hee Hee!

Seriously, this is surprising, given we've already added two portal WRs. I thought we were through at that position.

We're the beef? The DT Beef?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 4

Welcome MJ!!

On a side note...**** Ole Miss star RB Judkins said to be entering the transfer portal****

Judkins became the first SEC rusher since Herschel Walker to rush for at least 15 TDs in his first two seasons of college football.

A backfield of Trevor Etienne and Quinshon Judkins would be elite. 

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 4

We've lost 5 receiver "works in progress" and gained 3 proven, game tested, receivers with the hope that just maybe KJ will get a try at receiver.....I'll take that swap every time.....sorta like your wife of 25 years running off with her girlfriend and then MS 2023 eyes you in the produce isle and immediately decides that you're the man of her dreams!!! GOOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM in 24!

** MJIII went to USC because of Caleb Williams.....2 years 29 reception, 352 yds and 4 TD's......IMHO, he, like most of the D-1 universe realize that The Dawgs have the best QB talent in Carson Beck for 2024. Great Receivers want to play with QB's that can get them the ball in games that are on the biggest stage.....Jackson is NFL talent as are Humphreys and Young and several of our current Dawgs.....I'm looking for at least two 1000 yd plus receivers next year!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Brother you are Crazy in a Great Way !!! You always make me smile but mostly make me have gut busting laughs !! 😂 But on top of all that you tell the Truth while doing it !! Always love your comments keep ‘Em coming !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dont know if he was hurt at USC or just underutilized.

• Options

ALABAMa' s center enterd the portal. Talking to Ole miss and Ohio St. WE could use an experienced center.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd rather go with an unexperienced center that tutored under SVP all last year (and maybe the year before?) than the guy that couldn't snap is way out of a paper bag against Michigan (he also kinda **** against us).

Hard pass.

We need big, fast, and experienced DLs and maybe edge rushers.

• Options

Got one from SC listed as Defensive Line, don’t know if he’s a DT or DE ( my poor memory lol) but I Think he’s a DT. And I Think he was originally recruited by UGA but for what ever reasons chose SC. It Would be very nice to pull in another Experienced DT though, so I agree with you !!

• Options

Agree on the Need for outside edge rushers With Experience. Your right as rain on that !! We got hit on the outside pretty bad this year, that was probably the 2023 Dawgs biggest weakness. So yeah big and fast DEs or same Outside LBs.

Hope we see At Least a couple of those come in. About that Center from Bama the only thing I know for him would be shuffle him to another spot on the O line and retrain him. He was Bad at snapping the ball !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It certainly would be. But we've currently got 7 scholarship runningbacks on the roster. Adding Judkins would be bonkers in more ways than one.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He was underutilized. He made clutch passes in big games and plays with heart. That's something you can't coach, you just have to have. For some reason, Riley preferred Mario Williams and IMO, he was the bust. Anyone here think Riley is the smartest guy in the room? Not me.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 4

Is he going to “beat it?”

Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

Reddawg1, I wouldn’t want him because he couldn’t hardly snap the ball correctly this season.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 4

@E_Roc...yep, it would be a bit bonkers, but I can dream can't I?

Actually, since I posted that I have read opinions that there are definite personality conflicts with Dart and Judkins along with other players. I guess Dart may have gone so far as to ask Lane to take Judkins out of the game. If any of this is true then I know Kirby won't want a guy that is going to potentially be a problem child. He is from Alabama, so my bet is he ends up at Bama possibly. Sounds like he wants to be on a proven Championship program.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heck no, he has been a killer with at least 2 to 3 bad snaps per game. He is a liability to the offense. I guarantee Saban told him to get his butt in the portal or his scholarship would be pulled.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes , the Alabama center entered the portal alright . More like pushed .lol

• Options

If Branson Robinson can fully recover both physically and mentally from his injury. I look for it to be the Trevor Entienne ( probably misspelled his last name) Branson Robinson and Roderick Robinson Show !! With doses of Andrew Paul put in at times.

I kept wondering why we didn’t see Roderick back after his injury. Well I think they red shirted him. During the Orange Bowl I’m pretty sure I heard him referred to as a Redshirt Freshman. We saw that Branson was a Beast before he got injured. Well we also saw the same for Roderick when he went down with fortunately a lesser degree of injury. But Roderick is also a Beast !!

We’ve seen what Trevor can do playing on a lousy mud lizard team ( I’m sure he’s gonna be Very Happy he left those 🤡s). I’m confident will provide him a better O line than what he would have with the lizards. God Forbid but if we have injuries we have guys like A. Paul, Cash Jones we can plug in.

And if Kirby & Bobo don’t feel the Freshmen are ready yet they can plug in Dillon Bell. I suspect he will go back to being a full time receiver now which only helps that room. These 2024 Dawgs should be very tough on O !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

BAMA center was in the running for the best center in COllege Award. JUst sayn.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And he's from Buford. His snaps cost AL the MI game and almost cost AL the AU game. How AL got into "4th and 31" in the 1st place. He is a good player if that can be fixed.

I think the TP adds might be done. Possibly add an experienced back up QB just in case CBeck gets injured in '24. Fine line between adding from the TP and sending the wrong message to guys already on the team that have bought in and are working hard .