Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What the first transfer portal window tells us about the 2024 Georgia football roster

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited January 5 in Article commenting
imageWhat the first transfer portal window tells us about the 2024 Georgia football roster

After 32 days, the transfer portal has come to a close for those on the Georgia football roster.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can someone tell me why we had such a large group of linebacker go to the portal this year? I don't know the answer to that but it is strange. Is it because of a change in coaches or what. It looks like we are going to be solid but once again young, Help me out. GO DAWGS

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All knew they were being passed by younger, faster and more talented linebackers. Not to mention UGA landing the highest rated linebacker ever in the 2024 class.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those staying and being recruited more resemble the blazing speed, high football IQ, and elite tackling skills of the likes of Roquan Smith, Nakobe Dean, and Channing Tindall. I'm pretty excited about that. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as QB goes.....I know Kirby wants 4 scholarship QB's but....NOT SO FAST......Gunner needs to be utilized more than just a back up. He needs more game experience and first team practice.... I see Carson getting stats early in each game so why not rotate Gunner on specific situations....as Pugs gets more comfortable with the play book, he also needs meaningful snaps....my fear is that #1 there's not a TP QB more skilled than who we have and #2 the insertion of another "competitor" will only succeed in running off Gunner.....(Pugs has definitely impressed me as a guy who is committed for life) so much better to have someone who wants to become a DGD and be developed than an interloper wanting only to elevate himself......3's a team and 4's a crowd......where is our 6'8", 320lb nose tackle who eats baby pachyderms for breakfast?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Humphrey and Harris are Dawgs for now. Let's see if they remain Dawgs after Spring practice. Hope so but they've already shown that they're more than willing to look elsewhere. In Humphrey's case, it seems like if he can get a better NIL deal elsewhere, he'll be gone. The same may be true of Harris. So, we'll see how it all shakes out as we're going to have to lose a few more scholarship players anyway to get down to 85.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After watching CJ play after Dumas-Johnson was injured, it seems pretty obvious why Dumas-Johnson entered the portal. CJ was going to start next season regardless. He’s better IMO. Otherwise, why would a permanent captain leave? Is it simply money? Maybe, but likely, IMO, it’s about playing time next season.