Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia wide receivers De’Nylon Morrissette, CJ Smith to both to the same Big Ten school

SystemSystem Posts: 10,508 admin
edited January 5 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia wide receivers De’Nylon Morrissette, CJ Smith to both to the same Big Ten school

Quite a few former Bulldogs will be playing for Purdue next season, as wide receivers De’Nylon Morrissette and CJ Smith announced they would be suiting up for the Boilermakers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

What’s the attraction to Perdue? Obviously playing time would have to be a big factor. Do they have a big NIL piggy bank?

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hear they are huge train efficianados and wanted to go to a school with a choochoo theme

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 6

Not sure why so many Dawgnation articles are not allowing comments lately but, in regards to Jackson:

I really do hope the best for the young man and I am certainly not a coach or a professional evaluator of talent but I don’t see what drew us to him. He may be great and I absolutely am ready for him to show but I’m trying to make sense of this one.

I trust our coaches’ decisions so I’m hoping our system makes him the star he should be because the last one did not.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'll be calling Purdue the Rail Dawgs next season.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear you, and agree. Same for me I’m sure no expert or professional analyst either. And just like you from the surface looking from the outside it’s a head scratcher on Jackson. But when the rubber hits the road it’s trust in Kirby and staff.

They might as others have commented be looking at him for punt and kick return duties and as a “filler” for injuries at WR ?? Perhaps they think he might fare better in Bobo’s system than he did at USC ??

He could end up a bust. But wouldn’t it be So cool if he turned out to be great ?? Kirby misses every once in a while, that’s to be expected, but he hits hard far more on evaluating these players than he does misses !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

all valid points. What I am seeing as a possibility to the allure of these types of guys is their blocking ability. An experienced 21 yr old player will out block a fresh out of school kid 9/10 times. And we all know it’s the down field blocking that turns 5 yard runs into 15-20.

just my two cents on the matter

• Options
    JimBobJimBob Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hpoe the 4 guys have a successful career at Purdue. Purdue is a high quality college educationally, but less so in football. Maybe they thought they would not be starters at UGA. Attended the oast 2 bowl games when we played Purdue. Some of the most friendly and engaging fans I have ever met.