Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: Narrative shifting after Georgia bounces Missouri on road for 9th straight win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited January 6 in Article commenting
imageOpinion: Narrative shifting after Georgia bounces Missouri on road for 9th straight win

ATHENS -- Georgia men’s basketball hasn’t made believers out of everyone, but even the most cynical of fans need to start paying attention.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great road win and Tchewa really came up big throughout the game and especially with his clutch free throws. DAWGS need to get better with their ball handlers hitting their free throws and if that happens, they will be formidable. The overall 70% team free throw shooting can be a problem in close road games and they did just enough today to get the W. A quality win and another building block. Go DAWGS

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game. And, nice summary and write up, @MikeGriffith .

My Brother and I have had one eye on the B-Dawgs since the Oregon game. It appeared Mike White was doing a little bit of what Kirby does The young guys got plenty of playing time, in the "preseason games", to get all of em working together as a team.

This year's ball handling, defense and 3-point game have jumped up a few notches. Though, they still had "remote-control throwing" turnovers and "cursing" missed layups, in spots. It was controlled.

Meaning, it didn't cost em much, and it was only in short spurts. Which allowed Mizzou to catch up, a couple of times, when the Dawgs looked like they were about to run away with it.

It's almost as if....The Dawgs looked at the scoreboard, in the first half...and, said, "That can't be right. We're not that good.". Then gave Mizzou some baskets to allow things to make sense to em again. Lol...then they'd go on another run.

Once they start believing in themselves....this is gonna be one helluva UGA Basketball Team. And, after the CFP fiasco...it couldn't come at a better time.

White got these boys hummin' and I look forward to every game. For a change.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fun to watch. Tired of having a team that looks good getting off the bus but can't make a jump shot. Glad to see these guys actually scoring. Having a good basketball team would make the winter a lot more interesting.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've been a BIG critic of UGA basketball over the years, but maybe, just maybe, Mike White might be the guy. Time will tell.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a great win, no doubt. But let's pump the brakes a bit. A road win over Missouri does not an NCAA tourney bid make. Again, not trying to diminish what they've accomplished but, as we did in football, let's let the season play out a little bit before making Mike White the Second Coming. Still, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PlateauDawgPlateauDawg Posts: 41 ✭✭ Sophomore

This team hustles & plays great team defense. White is building something

• Options

"Pump the brakes"??? Hell...I just shifted into second gear. Lol

This isn't the same kind of team we're used to seeing in Athens. I know "that", for sure, after watching several games, already. I was waiting to see how they'd perform in an SEC road game on a hostile court.

Beating Mizzou...in Mizzou with a 10-3 team isn't something we've seen in a while. Yeah...they occasionally pulled out a stunner here and there, between losses. But, "this"...isn't "that".

I'm satisfied that "second gear" is warranted and my clutch foot, is standing by for 3rd gear. Lol

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will be watching!

• Options

It took Pearl 3 yrs to get Aub back to March madness. Rick Barnes 4 at Tenn. And neither inherited the kind of mess Tom Crean left. So I think we may be a year or so ahead of schedule but we'll see. Either way I'm excited for the future of UGA basketball....& that couldn't be said since the Harrick years.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the DAWGS squandered a 17 point 1st half lead, I thought..typical UGA basketball again. I was pleasantly suprised when they played tough in the 2nd half and won a close game on the road. Coach White has em headed in the right direction, keep it up..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure who or when the early season games are scheduled, but I like the fact that there were tough match ups before the SEC games started. Good wins against some ACC teams and tough games against Oregon and Miami seem to be paying off. Great road win yesterday, hopefully, will go a long way in building confidence for the rest of the season. A competitive UGA basketball team is great to see.

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Barnes and Pearl didn't have an NIL Collective and free agency. Just sayin'. Times are changin'.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said, Mike and other posters. Go Dawgs!

• Options

That's a valid point. Rebuilds are quicker & easier these days. Just saying if we don't make the Big Dance this season it doesn't mean White isn't doing good things considering what he inherited.