Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Was the 2023 season a succesful one for the Georgia football program?

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's done is done, but if we're reflecting(hence the title of the article) I feel like BA does, we sort of let one slip away. A couple of uncharacteristic mistakes were made in the SECC game, not to mention an egregiously bad no review on a throw ruled a completion on 4th down and we could be playing for the NC and a chance for the elusive 3 peat.

Could we have beaten Michigan where BAMA couldn't? I like our chances with the passing of CB over JAalen Milroe's.

Maybe the bottom line is we made Milroe look like a pretty good passer and Michigan made him look like a guy that will never be a good passer at the next level when you can't hold the ball for 3-4 seconds.

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unfortunately, the blown corner was on the opposite side and far end of the field from the Georgia bench and coaches in the booth and the ball hitting the ground was shielded from their view. Otherwise, they may have challenged the call before Alabama could quickly get off the next play. They knew it was questionable because it was on their side.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

There has never been a bad Georgia Bulldog's team. Some have just been better than others. The past three were clearly the best. Georgia is the premier college football program in the country thanks to the leadership of Coach Smart. The future is so bright we gotta wear shades!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there are no expectations, then Coach MArk Right would have never been fired. 10 win seasons and Orlando bowls would be the bench mark. Not too shabby!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m as hard a judge as anyone, but while the season was overall a disappointment given what was in play - I mean, it is frustrating to still be unable to solve the Alabama riddle in the SECCG and be that close to playing for a historic 3-peat - I’d say we did amazing. 13-1 with all the injuries we had, keeping the Tennessee blowhards in place, topping last year’s record for most lopsided bowl victory, 4 points shy of a conference championship, AND knowing Alabama won’t win it all either (or even Texas and their championship birthright b.s. for that matter), AND signing the No. 1 recruiting class in the nation before the college football season was done-done… yeah, definitely a successful season!