Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football finishes ranked No. 3 in final Coaches Poll for 2023 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited January 9 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football finishes ranked No. 3 in final Coaches Poll for 2023 season

The final Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings of the 2023 season have been released and the Bulldogs made a big jump up following bowl season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's how it should have been with the AP poll as well.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh my, what could have been.

This sounds about right. I wish we could rank and grade the coaches each season (coordinators and head coach). Dawgs blew it. Coaches get a B- for nutting up against Alabama again...

Michigan's head coach, as much as I dislike him, made the call of the playoffs by going for it on 4th and 2. Ultimate respect there. Called a courageous game plan against Alabama bringing 5 guys on the hopes that his guys could get to and bring down Milroe before Milroe could find an open man or run it. Balls. Huge respect for Harbaugh there. Like I said, I don't like the guy, I think he is fake a lot and goofy wierd, but it worked for him.

Team is not just the players being unselfish it is the coaches giving their guys the best chance to win and not forcing them into 'safe' plays. Get it figured out Kirby this happened 2x before against Alabama.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia would have crushed Michigan. Need more help on the D line and O line. Bobo needs to work on 4 quarters against Bama, not two.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At least the coaches that voted are a little smarter than the writers/commentators that voted.

Going for 3 out of 4 in 2024!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 9

“While Florida State was missing many players due to opt-outs, Georgia was nearly at full strength“.

Tired of hearing it (lazy narrative)….FSU dresses 53 and UGA dresses what, 60??

Fact is, the Dawgs have better talent (all 85) and better coaches from top to bottom.

It wouldn’t have mattered how many FSU dressed, it would have been an azz kicking either way.

Poor ole FSU….too many buying into that narrative, they got what they deserved.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate