Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia wide receiver Mekhi Mews announces transfer destination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,578 admin
edited January 10 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia wide receiver Mekhi Mews announces transfer destination

Mekhi Mews announced his new home on Wednesday, as the former Georgia wide receiver announced he would be transferring to Houston

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 10

Who cares? The kid was given an opportunity and he showed his appreciation by quitting his team. Did I miss reading his "thank you" to Smart and the University of Georgia for giving him the opportunity?

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was a decent player but won’t be missed. His best game came against Ball State, so he won’t be missed. More opportunities for other highly recruited players to get on the field and make plays. If I was a betting man, he would not surpass his numbers from last season at UH.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was a decent player but won’t be missed. His best game came against Ball State, so he won’t be missed. More opportunities for other highly recruited players to get on the field and make plays. If I was a betting man, he would not surpass his numbers from last season at UH.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 171 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once he got the ball in his hands he could be scary to break a punt return. The bad part was it was scary watching him field the ball he was so shaky. All I can say is BYE

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always felt that Mekhi did more than enough to earn a scholarship....with AE III pushing for playing time, Mekhi saw his chances deminish so he made the move....I wish him every success as a Cougar!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah I already felt like he was gonna leave for a scholarship anyways. Glad he done what he could for UGA. Wish him well.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think the kid stepped up for us - particularly early in the season when our WR depth was so impacted. 10 grabs for 130+ the first four games. I also think our fans need to lighten up on him with the punts. A) I seem to remember Ladd struggling at times last year; B) the kid only had 2-3 iffy punts and fielded a ton of them. As Kirby has stressed just how darn hard it is to catch the balls “modern day” punters kick. Guess he just doesn’t know ball if it’s supposed to be easy enough to satisfy our fans.

I wish Mekhi the best, and thank him for what he did. You could always tell from his podcast that he was VERY grateful to be a Bulldog.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 10

Im so glad he found a home. Wish him nothing but great things.

anyone who returns punts at that level has heart and the kid is eat up with it!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck Mews.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looking for the big time? Oh, Georgia is the big time. Oops!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sort of hard to get on the field as a receiver at 5'6". Wish him well. Saw a interview on a podcast with him and a couple of other DAWGS. Seemed liked a solid dude.