Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nick Saban releases official statement, college football reacts to his stunning retirement

2»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they should hire "Jimbo Fisher Inc."....featuring Bobby Petrino..."Gun For Hire". Lol

Saban saw what was comin' next year....and, decided to get out of Kirby's way. He had a helluva run. Now, watch Kirby top it off, over the next 20+ years. Lol

Maybe he gave Arther Blank & the Falcons his "silent commitment" to take over in Atlanta before they fired Smith. Lol

• robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd really like to see us make a push for Caleb Downs. Wasn't Saban the position coach for bama's safeties as well? i know he worked with the secondary. Downs would nicely fill a safety position.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First, good for Saban. I'm always happy when people can get out on their own terms. He is definitely the GOAT. As for replacements, Lanning has declared he's not leaving Oregon. I think Lane Kiffin's name goes to the top of the list. Sarkisian might come, but Texas has more money than everybody and they love him there. They'll make it worthwhile for him to stay put; after all, he's in the SEC now and he's not following a legend. My dark horse candidate would be Ryan Day. And my super dark horse would be Marcus Freeman. I do, however, like our chances in Tuscaloosa next year a whole lot more.

As for players we could get, our signing class was pretty good, and the TP as well. I can't see us getting Caleb Downs out of there, and especially with KJ Bolden in the fold. Now if Justice Haynes wants to come over, I think we should listen. And the maybe we could get that 5-star WR who just decommitted. In any event, this is going to be fun. Go Dawgs!

edited January 11

Given current events....I'm thinkin'....Belichick to Atlanta...and, Saban to New England.

Kirby stays put. Still plenty of meat on the bone he's gnawing on. Lol

Or....

Arthur Blank pulled out his massive checkbook....to bring Saban and Smart in as a Team...with Belichick taking over as GM.

The "Dream Team" of coaching hires.