Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Allegations / Vehicle Accident

Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited January 11 in Off Topic

Georgia football recruiting staffers drove after drinking, court documents allege - ESPN

I understand that this is merely allegations, however, what are the repercussions for this and how will this affect the Athletic Association?

Comments

• Options

You would think the department would cover their basis, especially in this category.

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't read the whole thing, but this sounds like old news brought about by a scorned woman who was fired from UGA, in part for her activities the night of the Willock accident and her inability to carry out her job function.

• Options

If I read correctly, she even sued the estate of Lecroy who passed away.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

She will get paid off.

Imagine you get hammered take your friends car and then after getting in an accident you sue your friend for leaving their keys around without locking them up and providing a sign out list and supervision.

Total shakedown. To think this girl got free medical care above and beyond what any normal person would get up until the lawsuits. She hardly sounds innocent. Don't hang out with drinkers who make bad choices because you want to be cool and then get pissed when something goes wrong.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the work of injury lawyers and the AJC continuing their attempts to stay relevant. They have published more stories about this year old incident than I care to remember. I would expect that UGA has already addressed these issues after last year's issues with the horrendous accident and other driving related arrests. While she will get paid, my heart still bleeds for the Willock and Lecroy family. As far as repercussions, beyond the accident, the claims sound like many we hear about college football recruiting and I doubt they will amount to much to the NCAA.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I find a lot of that stuff hard to believe, to be honest. Hope it's not!