Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart talks Georgia quarterback situation following Jayden Maiava flip

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited January 11 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart talks Georgia quarterback situation following Jayden Maiava flip

ATHENS — Georgia briefly had four scholarship quarterbacks after the Bulldogs landed a commitment from UNLV transfer Jayden Maiava.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Kirby says he's "very pleased and confident", then I am too! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, we rolling with what we got and about to show up and show out!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where did the article about Nater Frazier go? That was a great article.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bet a nickel Kirby picks up another scholarship QB.

If he doesn't, it's okay. He knows what he needs.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where did the article about Nater Frazier go? That was a great article.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“But even if Georgia sits at three, as it did for the 2023 season, there is still plenty of talent in the room between Beck, Stockton and Puglisi.”

Just give Colter Ginn a scholarship and that will put you at 4! There, I fixed it.

your welcome

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Fix in my humble opinion !! Ginn had offers from allot of D2 and just me but I think he’d have done fairly well at some lower tier D1 schools.

Let him go through the S&C program, Coach him as he works in the practice squad and you’ll have a solid guy at #4 with potential to move up in later years.

There are no guarantees coming out of the TP in my opinion. Train up what you already have is my humble opinion.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keep developing the three you have. All three are talented. Ginn as a fourth adds depth. Plus Ginn might be pretty good. I recall a former walk-on who did okay as the starter.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

GA also has a couple of preferred walk-on QB's coming in that are pretty good as well. I know that they are probably "camp arms" to help with the practice load, but I wouldn't be too surprised if one of them grew into a scholarship. It wouldn't be the first time a former walk-on QB matured into a starter...

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just my humble opinions. But again continue to coach up what you have, Beck, Gunner, Puglisi, Ginn. IF he really works hard and Earns it give a scholly to Ginn.

But for Now be busy stealing Away any WRs we can from Coachless Bama !! In particular new signees of 2024 !! Course Any that can help us This year.

IF Kirby could steal away some 2024 signees, then they’d be of help to Gunner, Puglisi, Ginn and any other QB in 2025, 2026, and forward and possibly Beck This year. Just sayin…….