Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama to hire Washington head coach Kalen DeBoer as replacement for Nick Saban

2»

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So this guy just signed a contract extension and then immediately quits on his team? And you wonder where the players get it.

And I don’t know that I care for Bond. That kid was a jerk. He may be a nice guy but I’m not a fan.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With all the recent adds, I'm not so sure we desperately need Bond, but if he's a cultural fit, might be exciting. If he's NOT a cultural fit, then I could care less if he or anyone else is the next Jerry Rice (from a talent perspective; actually JR might have been a DGD based on his character): no way!

As I said to a co-worker earlier today: I'm old enough to remember when all the drama and controversy in CFB was on the field... not any more :)

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

4 paragraphs/ sentences of new news and then a bunch of C&P filler.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

We know they had three declines with Sarks, Lanning, and Norvell. Did Lane decline as well?

im skeptical about his ability to recruit in the south since he never has but it’s Alabama so maybe he gets a leg up.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who knows but to deny he is a helluva coach would be a fool's argument. He has won everywhere on every level he has been and has done it with other guys players. At Alabama the quality of player he has will exceed anything he has ever worked with. So he has a chance to do very well. If he does great next year that will help his recruiting. If they lose 3 games it will hurt his recruiting.

This season will make or break him in my opinion. He obviously has the ego and confidence to take the job which few have.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 12

It probably couldn't hurt to bring Bond in, but I don't know where this idea that we need him "so bad" is coming from.

As for the hire, eh. He's done a good job getting the most out of an underwhelming amount of talent from a recruiting standpoint. And moving to the SEC with no real connections to the region, he may have to do just that. You could say, yeah but it's Bama, but how many recruits chose them over all other options specifically because they had Saban? As others have said, time will tell. But they've gone from an elite recruiter and developer, to a guy who's only shown he can do one of the two. And we know he wasn't their first choice...

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never underestimate your enemy. Vigilance and strike while their is weakness. Right now their is uncertainty. Take every player that wants to come here who is good and can make the 2 deep. We still have a lot of time to get to 85. Who cares if the guy helps us, it hurts them.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be interesting to see what DeBoer does with a good SEC defense. I have a great curiosity about this game on Sept. 28 with Georgia. I know the Dawgs will trip to Tuscaloosa ....hungry.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nick Saban will never be replaced. The guy is a living legend and was a genius coach. Always found ways to adapt to change and do it better. Good luck to the new coach. He's not afraid of the challenge. Like CKS said, "Pressure is really a privilege". Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Montana my Bro !! Please don’t take this as being snarky at you or sarcasm. But you said “Hopefully a good choice”. I know you wrote that in the excitement of the moment of finding out this was their choice.

Again NO sarcasm but we don’t need to be “Hoping” they made a good choice do we ?? I’m hoping we’ll beat the brake shoes off them Every time we play them. And by a Huge score. I’m Hoping that UGA will rise to be the New King of All CFB.

Not trying to scold you or call you out. I think you just got caught up in the moment. But Saban RUINED our chances several several times. And Bama fans Sure let us know it to !! They rubbed salt in at Every opportunity and Still do.

Just like UF fans did with Spurrier and later with Meyer. My hope is is that he’s a big fat Bust !! I hope we get the Very Best recruits from the state of Alabama, hopefully only a mile away from Tuskerloser !!

People admire Saban’s winning record. OK I’ll give him that. His record was extraordinary. But the way he ( like Spurrier) Worked The Refs was pretty extraordinary to !! This year it was a No Review for a No Catch along with several other No Calls and Favorable Calls. In 2018 it was the Phantom Offsides. There have been to many other instances to list.

All a Dawgs Fan need do is go to the Bama boards and read from Numerous, Numerous Bama fans Laughing At Us about how they knocked us out of an opportunity to 3Peat !!

So speaking for ME, I want Revenge !! I want our Dawgs to Own them for years and years to come !! NOT trying to attack you as I always enjoy your comments. But I don’t hope Nothing Good for Bama !! Had to listen to their arrogant fans for far to long !!

Just like I was So Happy and Still Am to see UF crash and burn !! Had to listen to Mud Lizards fans boasting and laughing at us for to long !! And their ( and Bama fans) line was And when’s the last time UGA won a Ntl. Title Huh ?? Followed by laughter and More ridicule !!

No I hope the UGA Dawgs become the Invincible UGA Dawgs of the SEC !! Hope Kirby wins At Least Six More Nattys in short order. That’d give Him a total of 8 which would be one more than Saban !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And some TROLL down voted your comment !! I hope that Saban leaving is the beginning of deep sorrows and woe for the Bama program.

They are our Rivals. Saban and Bama have caused the Dawgs program Tons of woe and sorrow over the years. Now Some people will say Ah don’t be a sore loser, give them some good will. OK I hope No players at Bama or Any SEC school or Any CFB school are Seriously Season Ending injured. I don’t wish that on our worse rivals.

But that’s All the good will I have in my bag. Sorry but I’m not gonna wish a Rival program well !! Their Good can be and many times IS our bad. So I Hope Kirby out coaches the living snot out of their new HC and hope he does the same for Any and All rival Coaches and Programs we face.

Mean while back at the ranch, as long as they are a good fit at UGA, I Hope quite a few of Bama’s Very Best players leave and come to UGA, Again as long as they are a good fit !! Go Dawgs !!