Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NCAA deals Florida State sanctions for illegal recruitment of active Georgia player

2»

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, one team tries to illegally contact and pay another player from another team and that could be one of the many reasons they didn’t make the playoffs, but the team that did win it was a confirmed cheater with the head coach suspended for 6 games and is still under for other violations? That ain’t right. Not to mention the fact that the s t u p i d playoff committee and espn got wind of saban’s retirement and tried to get him one more championship by putting them in hoping they would face Texas in a rematch. Plus dropping the number 1 team all season 5 spots for a 3 point loss on a neutral field to keep them from doing what saban never did, 3-peat.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evidently, NIL doesn’t. mean Now-It’s- Legal.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The reason Florida State got left out is because we embarrassed TCU last year and the CFPC did not want a repeat with FSU's star qb out. Had nothing to do with their cheating. They don't care about cheating.

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 12

Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like the major violation is the coach drove him to the meeting. Not the money. Not the shady nature of recruiting kids who are on teams. With all the money and goldrush vibe around NIL, the hammer comes down on the ride? Does anything make sense any more?

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BackHome you are correct, it should have been a Level One violation, FSU caught a big break

• Options

"Big Break"?....interesting.

What do you call, the Michigan treatment? Which incidentally, looks an awful lot, like the USC and OSU Treatment. If FSU got a "big break"....what does Michigan get?....besides a Natty? Lol

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now NCAA will also punish Michigan right ? Probably not. It’s so sad to see CFB becoming the web of corruption and deceit that it is.😢

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Al the Noles fans are crying even more now, not understanding why everyone is picking on them. Goo dlord this program is is defintiely not worthy of an NCAA bid. Good luck Big 10 in taking FSU, cause they gonna **** for a while.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 13

I don't know if I'm going to get spit-and-roasted here or what, but it's worth bringing up, and this seems the most relevant article on which to broach the subject. I'll stick out my neck and my not-as-much-meat-as-you'd-hoped-for-on-it butt, though, just to maybe get things moving. Is anybody else curious about why DN has not touched the breaking news regarding all of the recent allegations stemming from last January's tragedy? From what's being presented, a lot of it actually has nothing to do --directly-- with those events, but is based more in precedent and the liberties that individuals took based on those precedents, whether they were condoned or not. The bit about the way cash moved (i.e., that $1000 dollars that our OL coach had a staffer take out, only to repay her through Venmo) in episodes involving recruits, though... could be pretty bad. It could be nothing at all, but it could very much be something very bad.

Maybe DN writers want to stay away from it because the way things may work out is all speculation at this point, but speculating has never held back anyone on this site before. I guess, more than anything, I'd like someone who's more in on the ins-and-outs to be able to tell me that there's a lot of sound and thunder, but not much earth behind it. My fear is that there's not anyone to tell me as much because it just isn't true, and there is going to be a definite taint on the last and next few years because of that fact...

• Options

Let me remind you...allegations made in a lawsuit are far from fact. The defense has some allegations of it's own, I'm sure.

Best thing to do, is let the courts sift the truth out of the mud. That's what they are there for. We can speculate, till the cows come home....and, won't be any closer to the truth. It wouldn't be "fair" to anybody involved.

And, frankly, I would rather forget it, myself. A real tragedy. There will be no real winners in that lawsuit....IMO. Everybody loses, in this one.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@osmosiphobe @BigDawg61

I think we are all gun shy to speculate about the Bowles case. I was rather intimately aware of the Jan Kemp fiasco in the early 80s. That did not look good on paper, in the court, and in reality. I truly hope this does not head toward a similar outcome. Given the dominance of the CKS era, unless a quiet settlement can be reached soon, this could become headline making national news, a volatility no Dawg fan wants to see.