Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball past moral victory stage, need wins for validation, legacy

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited January 14 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball past moral victory stage, need wins for validation, legacy

ATHENS — Georgia basketball would like to think it has moved past the level of moral victories.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watched the game and was very impressed with our performance against a very good Tennessee team. Especially in the second half where we had much better defensive shape and attacked the basket offensively. No, these Hoop Dawgs will not go from skid row to wall street in one generation, but we can be excited about the improvement and upward trajectory.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

The news is that UGA Basketball now is exciting to watch. The feeling is that if they continue to gel as a team, there will be better things ahead for them. What I saw is a team whose whole is greater than the sum of their parts, but one that needs to learn how to deal with not only adversity, but with success. All teams who are behind will make a "run" ( that's what UGA did at the end of the first half ). They have to learn how to better weather those "storms". They have already proved that they can play with anybody and be "in the game", but now they need to learn to keep composed when any opponent surges on them. I totally enjoyed the game ( except for the final score ). As suggested in this article, they have some similarities with the gridiron Dawgs. I hope that they, too, learn from their mistakes, getting better because of those mistakes. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed Georgia67. I have watched every game except 4 and this is a tournament unless they have injuries to key players or just implode. I'm definitely going to a game.