Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart’s Georgia beats Kalen DeBoer’s ‘new’ Alabama on pivotal hire

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited January 15 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart’s Georgia beats Kalen DeBoer’s ‘new’ Alabama on pivotal hire

ATHENS — Kirby Smart didn’t have to wait until September to get his first big win over new Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 15

Ok, so post-saban era it's UGA - 1 ALA - 0. 😂

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

”Wins” like this are fine, but results on the field are all that matters. If Georgia wins in September, then this will matter more. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Right on Mike. Actually an easy decision. The future is much brighter in Athens for both coaches and players. How long will a guy from South Dakota with zero ties to the Deep South even last at Bama? Yes, it’s possible DeBoer will be successful in Tuscaloosa, but it’s not probable.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is great news. I take great pleasure in beating Alabama at anything, even if it's marbles, LOL.

The 2024 coaching staff and player roster is coming together very well.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big win for the Dawgs. Some coaches are great recruiters and some are great coaches. Looks like T Rob is both. I think he will do great at UGA. T Rob played at Auburn and UGA had pretty good luck with a guy from Auburn named Vince Dooley!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 15

Yes! Stay! DeBoer is just another Dan Mullen. Good choice. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m glad he made the Right choice by sticking with UGA. I’m even More glad he did the Right Thing by carrying through and honoring his commitment to UGA. Now let’s enjoy watching our beloved Dawgs become the new King of the SEC !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Coach DeBoer and Bama =

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MikeGriffith :

“Robinson turned down an offer to become DoBoer’s defensive coordinator at Alabama”??

So an offer was actually made??

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I commented on another thread that he might be using the UGA position as leverage with Alabama. I am happy to see that I was wrong.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options

Hey I was in the same boat, and I think allot of other folks were to. So don’t feel bad about that. It’s got Bama fans crying in their soup !! And that’s always a Good thing !! 😂 Now I just hope Will Muschamp and Glenn Schumann will stay put at UGA. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The T-Rob debacle had me searching the internet for solid info. I will admit. Articles popping up all over that T-Rob was already back interviewing DeBoer at Bama and that the sure thing for UGA was not so sure. Now, it seems, it is sure. T-Rob will ply his many recruiting and defensive skills at UGA for the foreseeable future. This is some really big news. Kirby has been after T-Rob before. Now he is in the house.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate