Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following 2024 roster moves

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited January 16 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 2024 roster moves

ATHENS — For Georgia players, the first transfer portal window has opened and shut. The deadline to enter the 2024 NFL Draft passed on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyEGrumpyE Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

If you include losing Bowers production as a negative for "pass catchers" then I think you should use returning depth as a positive. Obviously you don't expect to replace Bowers but UGA still has a very good pass catchers.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The last regular season meeting between Georgia and Alabama was a home game for Bama, Oct 17, 2020.

Why do the SEC schedule makers continue to stick it to UGA? They gave Auburn an extra home game (GA went there two years in a row) to 'help' Auburn with their Georgia-Alabama problem.

Alabama - Texas will be pre-season SEC No. 2 and 3 teams, with Ole Miss likely No.4. Somehow, the schedule makers have Georgia on the road against all of them. Seems very unbalanced, especially if they don't give Georgia the same benefit in return.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

1965 and 1972 regular season games were played in Athens with no regular season games in between. 1985 and 1990 games were played in Athens with no regular season games between those years. 1991-1994 games were in Tuscaloosa with no games in between those years. So playing consecutive games at the same site has happened before.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I keep reading about our chance of getting Caleb Downs (including in this article), but I’d like to remind everyone that he would first need to leave Bama which is unlikely. Also, he was very interested in Ohio State during the recruiting process so they would present competition for his services. The biggest challenge for recruiting Caleb if he becomes available is Charles Kelly (#1 recruiter in the country in 2023). Kelly was the primary recruiter at Bama for Caleb and he just became the Auburn co-defensive coordinator several days ago. I’m not saying we wouldn’t have a great chance to get Caleb, but we’d definitely have barriers to overcome. Of course the addition of Travaris would help matters. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 16

Our TE room is still the best in the country. I don't see a fall off in production at tight end for the foreseeable future.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowers caught 56 passes for 714 yards and six TDs (despite being slowed by injuries). It would be a delightful surprise if Delp catches 56 passes next year. But I doublt that will happen, even if he's healthy all year. Wouldn't that qualify as a "fall off in production?"