Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN analyst illustrates why Georgia football is loaded with talent entering 2024 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited January 18 in Article commenting
imageESPN analyst illustrates why Georgia football is loaded with talent entering 2024 season

ATHENS — Georgia has consistently been one of the most talented teams in the country since Kirby Smart’s arrival in 2016. That figures to be the case once again in 2025.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting to see Dylan Fairchild on this list. I have followed him since his high school days where not only an accomplished football player, but one of the best wrestlers in Georgia high school history. If you want to see a talented athlete in action, go to YouTube and search Dylan Fairchild Wrestling. Amazing talent on the mat and now shows on the football field.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brinson coming back helps a lot. Those two freshman Defensive Lineman taking a big step forward this offseason would really help. I remember Jordan Davis spending the entire offseason running, and that translated to domination his Junior season. How bad do you want it, and how much do you want that starting NFL dollar amount to be.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a surprising list. I couldn't go beyond ESPN paywall. But it's wierd to me that Fairchild was ahead of Ratledge and Greene, and also that Smael wasn't on the list. Another one to look out for is Mykel Williams; if he thrives as an edge, he could be one of the first to go in that position.

On the other hand, I'm a bit surprised (in a happy way) that Etienne and Stackhouse made the list of top three picks in their respective positions. Off the top of my head, Gordon (OkSt), Shroder (Mizzou) and Estime (ND) had big years in 2023; if Etiene is ahead of those guys, plus all the other RBs coming out in 2024, we're in even better shape at RB than I realized.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Off the top of my head, Gordon (OkSt), Shroder (Mizzou)”

Cody Schrader has declared himself for the 2024 NFL draft.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Kirby can get Downs through the portal along with the talent already on board the defense is potentially a shutdown defense like 2021. When you add in what's on tap with the offense UGA looks like a strong contender for another National Championship.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would say that there are some sleepers in that RB room too.

Mykel Williams might explode in year 3 too. I expect him to.

TE's got no love? Loaded group.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time for a new story. This one has run it's course. I like it but 2 days is enough.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the correction, Dawg. Still, you get the picture: There are plenty of RBs who'll qualify for the draft after the season who were higher-rated recruits and/or who have accumulated a lot more yards than Etienne:: Allen & Singleton (PSU), Hampton (UNC), Gordon (OkSt), Judkins (OSU), James (Oregon), Mafah (Clemson), Allen (Wisc), etc.

I'm not complaining. I hope he has a great season and is a top 3 RB draft pick if he goes pro. Just surprised.