Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: Georgia fans still owed apology from ESPN star who told them to ‘go to hell’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 24 in Article commenting
imageOpinion: Georgia fans still owed apology from ESPN star who told them to ‘go to hell’

ATHENS — College football seemingly has no stopping point, but at some juncture, it seems an apology from ESPN star Pat McAfee is due Georgia fans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 24

Pat Mcafee on his best day may make it to 🤡 level..and even then, that would still be a BIG stretch to make it that high, for this espn "expert", Mcafee= joke.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a dumb story for a writer looking for content bc there isn’t much to write about. He had no control over who Disney was going to fire and there were a lot more high profile ESPN people who got let go over Pollack. I would be mad too if you heard an entire fan base it was his fault Pollack got let go. How about you do some reporting on the upcoming UGA baseball and Softball teams? I don’t know, some actual good stories!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like the rest of the Dawgs here, I think the guy is a chubby clown unworthy of Pollack. Always disliked him even before the SEC game, but his actions were just the cherry on top.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McAfee reminds me most of Jerry Springer. Though Springer has departed, I think his fan base has found a home with McAfee.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't even give him the courtesy of your time nor effort. He isn't worth it. ESPN will tire of him quickly and he will disappear into podcast land. If everyone just changes the channel whenever he is on he will go away sooner than later.

• Options
    KDCKDC Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

That guy is a tool. A total clown who embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth. I understand there are folks who love his sleeveless, sophomoric, bro-boy style. Fine. Give him his own show. But I wish ESPN would keep him off the primetime shows like Gameday. And the man can't hold a candle to Pollack in terms of understanding / analysis of the game.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Mike you Sir are a class gentleman. You got me really strong with the Dooly Culture article and now again with this one. You are saying what Needs to be said but in a very gracious way. I’m soon to be 67 maybe some day I’ll grow up to be more like you !!

EVEN if there was some truth to what McAfee said UGA fans are mad at him because of what ESPN Did. Even if that’s partially true. As you stated the man is Supposed to be a professional. And he’s a highly paid professional at that $17 mil !!!

There is NO excuse, NONE what so ever for him to say such a thing to an entire fan base. I doubt ESPN will even say anything to him less alone DO something to him in terms of discipline.

ESPN supposedly let David Pollack and others go due to “budget cuts “ but not only did they in short order give McAfee his huge salary, he has his own show which calls for even More money for staff, tech, other resources. So I don’t buy the budget cut excuse.

NO David Pollack was fired due to his perceived snub of Saban sitting right beside him after the 2022/23 National Championship when he said words to the effect that Kirby and the Dawgs are the New King of CFB. Something in that order I forget the exact words. I Don’t forget how red Saban’s face turned !!

Many Dawgs fans accurately predicted that was the end of Pollack at ESPN right after. And sure enough in very short order he was gone !!

The Best way for Dawgs fans to send a messsge to ESPN is boycott Mr. McAfee. And As Tempting as it would be Don’t Go to College GameDay should they come to Athens !! If they have to put up cardboard figurines for the show they Might get the answer.

As I and numerous others have stated so many times, ESPN wields Far to much power in CFB. The Only way for fans to have an impact is Boycott them !!! Go Dawgs !!! Long Live David Pollack !!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen, @My_Dawg_Ryan. Totally useless piece. With ALL that has gone on with college football and UGA since that moment, probably 90 percent of UGA fans -- if not more -- had forgotten all about McAfee's comment, if they even heard it in the first place (since so many claim to no longer watch College GameDay). the only reason this was written is because @MikeGriffith knows that any negative story about ESPN and/or Pat McAfee will stir up the Georgia fan base and get plenty of clicks. I am by no means a fan of McAfee's, and I even think he should apologize. But folks have said MUCH WORSE to and about Georgia fans, and vice versa. And that won't stop. And ESPN will keep broadcasting our games, McAfee will be back on the UGA campus and when he returns, Kirby Smart will talk to him because it's ALL about the dollar. That's just the way the world works. Writing about that silly episode here just keeps the animus in the atmosphere that much longer for people who want to be angry when, as you correctly point out, there are so many "actual good stories" happening in UGA athletics right now that Griffith could write about.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McAfee reminds me of a White Stephen A. Smith: Loud and obnoxious!!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who cares what a loudmouth jerk wearing a “wife-beater” shirt says? I don’t.

• Options
    AlicelookingAlicelooking Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I am not your cousin, and you pimp for a twink drink.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right, nobody cares. A braying jackas$ is only entertaining to other jack@sses.