Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia tied-in with Todd Monken, former Bulldogs’ O.C. man of moment for Baltimore

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited January 28 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia tied-in with Todd Monken, former Bulldogs’ O.C. man of moment for Baltimore

ATHENS — Many Georgia football fans will be tuned into the NFL playoffs to watch the league’s conference championship games on Sunday, some surely hoping to get a glimpse of a few former UGA stars.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Love coach Monken and what he brought to Georgia. I am pulling for the Ravens because of Monken and hope they win it all.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pulling for the Ravens because of Roquan Smith. What a Dawg!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 28

This guy has a no nonsense style which I feel worked very well with Kirby and his staff. I am proud of what he meant to Georgia and what he brought to the table. He came at a good time when Stetson needed a strong personality to lead him to a good place where he could excel and be his best self on the field. I don't think he would have been as successful with James Coley as the OC. I also think that spending time with Monken helped Bobo and will continue to reap benefits in the future. It would not shock me to learn that Bobo to this day, continues to follow Monken, breaking down game footage of the Ravens season, seeing if there are any new wrinkles that Monken has used in the current season and playoffs that could benefit the dawgs. Kirby has always preached that no one has the game figured out and that a large part of the off season is bumping ideas off between the coaches of other teams as everyone is trying to learn from everybody else. It's a good attitude to have and it can only continue to help Georgia as the staff continues to follow that pattern of learning, adapting and exceling on the field. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roquan Smith is the Biggest UGA story. Cannot forget or overlook his Greatness.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

"grown men understanding their jobs and no BS"

Just the opposite of CFB.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken elevated Georgia's offense.....opened it up. Made the RBs more effective as well as receivers. Stetson thrived under Monken. Two natties. Bobo is trying..I will give him that much. Let's see what happens in September.

I am for the Ravens.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The NFL is run more like a business, with grown men understanding their jobs and no BS, which Monken prefers"........someone in the Ravens organization might want break that down in simple terms for #4 Zay Flowers.....if they choice to retain him.....his BS stupidity cost them dearly.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ravens failed at composure!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too bad, Monkin didn't have a "Stetson Bennett", today.

IMO.....The Ravens' loss today can be put squarely on the QB's lack of execution and poor decision making"...[in the 4th quarter, particularly]. That's not on Monkin, or "coaching" in general.

IMO....It's the same reason Ridder is gonna be an NFL Bust....."lack of focus". Which, leads to "inconsistent play" and turnovers, especially, when under pressure. Can that be fixed?....I don't know, maybe...if given enough time and the right support. Trying to "fix it", is a must for players that are caught in the "lack of focus...lack of confidence" vortex....but, it's a crap-shoot for a team or coaching staff.

I was kind of hoping Monkin would wnd up in Atlanta. Lol...he's too good for em, I guess.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Lamar held the ball too long waiting for the deep pass to open up. Samthing happened the week before until they started throwing the shorter routes. I kept thinking why is he not checking it down? THe Chief's DB's covered well. BEst QB won.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Monken called a bad game and Jackson failed to execute. Neither had a good game.