Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Branson Robinson attacking his rehab with ‘a Nick Chubb kind of mentality’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 30 in Article commenting
imageBranson Robinson attacking his rehab with ‘a Nick Chubb kind of mentality’

ATHENS — Dell McGee didn’t want to say it. He knows any comparison to Nick Chubb elicits certain expectations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can't wait to see him hit the field again. He had some flashes before he was hurt.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good news that BR's recovery is progressing well. Looking forward to seeing him healthy again. I can attest from personal experience that recovering from a major knee injury is very, very difficult. Especially the mental part. Hope and pray he get's back to the best version of himself. Love to see him be a big part of some more Natty's and stuffing Alabama!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like Chubb, he's an easy guy to root for, wish him the best. If the group can stay healthy, good chance they'll be the best in the country.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can you imagine a backfield with 2 healthy Robinsons? That's got to be scary for any defense to defend. And that doesn't include all the other promising RB's. Gonna be fun to watch.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm thinking that Branson will establish his on identity and we will start comparing others to him as well as Chubb....with such a wealth of "starting" RB's.....will we see one of my Favorites from 23, Cash Jones, in a "stealth" receiver mode...one where he fills the VOID left by Ladd?

• Options
    80Grad195580Grad1955 Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

He's a bulldozer...when he gets back he will be smoking ready to bust out.

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

Branson, don't rush it, big guy; we'll need you down the road. Be like the Six Million Dollar Man... Come back better, stronger, and faster... That being said, with all these top-notch backs on the roster, it would be hilarious to see us line up in the Wishbone or Power T, run the option with Gunner at QB, and ram it down some poor defense's throat...

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The good news is that the knee ligaments (and meniscus) were apparently not damaged. The bad news is that a "rupture" of the patella tendon usually means a complete tear of the tendon.

Patella tendon ruptures seem less prevalent than ACL or other knee injuries in football. In fact harvesting part of the patella tendon is often used as a replacement ligament for a severed ACL. Probably a long and arduous rehabilitation process to regain complete confidence in the knee. But seemingly not as extensive a rehab as an ACL.

With the depth at RB no need to rush BRob back into action. But a return to action should be expected this season.

It is not fair to BRob to make comparisons to Chubb. Being compared to the 2nd best RB ever at UGA is just setting the wrong expectation for BRob. Though similarly sized Chubb was a faster, more fluid runner. A better comparison would be a more powerful Daijun Edwards.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He definitely need to listen to the doctor and the trainers. I blew out my right hamstring and tried to rehab it quicker than the doctor recommended and since I wasn't being monitored did damage that has me favoring my right leg to this day.

Robinson has real talent and can be a part of one of, if not the best, RB rooms in the nation for the next few years.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Batter and Pass or Pass and Batter !! Gonna be very tough for rivals to stop the Dawgs O !! Go Dawgs !!